“Top quality”

Guardian Peak
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Guardian Peak Winery and Restaurant was opened in December 2005, and since then, has been a popular destination for winelands dining.We are open for lunch from Monday to Sunday, and for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday. The focus of the a la carte menu is on serving unpretentious bistro style food with an emphasis on prime-quality steaks.We only serve wines from our greater portfolio, and trust that you find the selection to your satisfaction.We invite you to Guardian Peak, sample our food and wines, and trust that you enjoy the experience that we have to offer.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had lunch here today, great restaurant with an awesome view. We were seated on the deck which was a bit warm, but still worth it.
Lovely place!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Well done to Guardian Peak for the wonderful restaurant and wine available. Of course, you know you have to pay for the quality you get, but I was happy to as I was celebrating my graduation with my family.

I recommend this place to anyone wanting to host a special occasion, particularly for lunch, as the views are outstanding from the glass-cased restaurant on the hill. The wine was exemplary - 2013 Sauvignon Blanc had me very merry and I don't even like white wine much. So thank you and well done.

A note to the manager - the goats cheese and vegetable pastry starter was good, but there was very little goats cheese, which was the drawcard for me. A small disappointment to an otherwise fantastic meal.

1  Thank gracie_garland
Reviewed December 14, 2013

As I live around the corner I thought I would come to Guardian Peak for a wine tasting and a cheese platter. On arrival I was shown to the sofas where I waited....and waited....and waited. Once I got up and asked the waiter who seated me if anyone was going to see me he sent a girl over. She then started my tasting. I asked about the cheese platters to be told'it's like a normal cheese platter...oh you want to know what's on it....a blue cheese...a goats...an olive one...erm a goats cheese. I decided not to order one after all. My tasting was conducted by whoever could be bothered to see me after that. A shame as I work in the wine industry and was interested in buying wine. Needless to say I will be recommending giving Guardian Peak a miss when there are so many other excellent farms. Guardian Peak, don't forget you are a wine farm as well as a restaurant.

4  Thank Lou B
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We had a pleasant lunch at Guardian Peak last Wednesday. We hadn't booked a table, but fortunately were able to be accommodated inside. The restaurant was already busy and eventually full to capacity with bookings and many walk-ins.
We were immediately offered water to drink while we looked at the menu. Its a small but good menu. Our waitress was obviously new as she didn't know what the fish of the day was when we enquired.
There is no bar, but you can choose from their selection of Estate wines or a variety of soft drinks. We chose the Sauvignon Blanc which was very drinkable. Our waitress plus the manager kept us topped up throughout lunch.
I had a starter of tempura prawn & calamari with sweet thai chilli sauce - the batter was superb. My partner had the confit duck springrolls with plum sauce and declared them a hit. Full of duck and a crisp outer done to perfection.
For mains we both had the rack of lamb. Slightly under seasoned and no sauce with it, but we were offered a sauce to order from their menu if we so chose. We settled for some English mustard instead.
Too full for dessert, we asked about Irish coffee or Dom Pedro, but they don't serve them. We ended the meal with an espresso and a cuppachino. My partner asked our waitress about brandy to have with his espresso, but obviously no bar, no brandies. The manager later corrected that by offering cognac that was available so all good at the end of the day!
They have recently installed a deck outside so we will be back to absorb more of those stunning mountain and valley views really soon. Note it is also a no-smoking venue - inside and out.

1  Thank Paola H
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I was recently invited by friends to join them for lunch at Guardian Peak. What a amazing venue. Amazing and well priced wines. Good food with an option for everyone on the menu. Service is good but can do with a little fine tuning. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I will be back soon.

1  Thank samantha b