“Disgusting service”

Guardian Peak
Ranked #15 of 257 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Guardian Peak Winery and Restaurant was opened in December 2005, and since then, has been a popular destination for winelands dining.We are open for lunch from Monday to Sunday, and for dinner from Wednesday to Saturday. The focus of the a la carte menu is on serving unpretentious bistro style food with an emphasis on prime-quality steaks.We only serve wines from our greater portfolio, and trust that you find the selection to your satisfaction.We invite you to Guardian Peak, sample our food and wines, and trust that you enjoy the experience that we have to offer.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Disgusting service”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Booked a table for my 30th birthday and was very excited to celebrate the big day! To my surprise, my best friends drive in all the way from Port Elizabeth to surprise me and celebrate.

I then call Guardian Peak to let them know that my 2 friends would be joining us for lunch. A very rude and unaccommodating man informs me that they are unable to assist. Not even a "we'll see what we can do" ... just NO, they cannot accommodate 2 more people at my table and this is like 2 hours before the actual event!!

He was terribly cold, had a complete don't care attitude. I said we'll squash and it doesn't even matter if chairs don't match etc. but nope, he could not be bothered! The response was disgusting! I asked to speak with the manager hoping s/he would be able to help but to my utter surprise this person was the manager. How unfortunate!

He just lost a group of 14 people that now all know about what happened. Needless to say, none of us or any of our friends will ever head there!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Derusha83

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great views and first impression but then...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The views are spectacular and the layout is impressive with sparkling glassware and very good Sauvignon Blanc. From then onwards it went downhill. I was entertaining guests and was embarrassed by the quality of the food other than the pate appetizer. My guests had a tagliattelle dish which was totally uninspiring and my lamb was so gristly as to be inedible and was left on the plate. The so-called creme brulee was a travesty. There was no apparent interest in customer satisfaction. The waitress took away the plate with the virtually untouched lamb and made no comment. Nobody came and asked us how we felt about the meal. I e-mailed the hospitality manager a month ago expressing my unhappiness and have received no acknowledgement.
A great pity as it could be fantastic with its location - without that I would have rated it 1 star only.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank John and Tish W
Somerset West, South Africa
“Great views and food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Experienced a lovely afternoon celebrating a birthday at this restaurant. The best restaurant view in the Winelands, great food and wonderful wine.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Rinette187870
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“great views”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

best views in stellenbosch with cheap wine and affordable menu,it is really good expierience for the soul.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank schoeman b
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Views forever”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Guardian Peak has recently started serving Sunday lunch , which is great. It's a beautiful drive to the winery and even a better view when you get there. It's a small restaurant with contemporary decor and tablecloths and proper serviettes , not paper. The food was wonderful and really well priced. It's not a large menu but it has a great selection. I had a delicious bacon, blue cheese salad and followed that with a juicy burger with caramel issued onions and a Brie topping plus slender chips. We also had the line fish of the day and the fillet. The other guests were raving about there meals too. They also serve yummy homemade bread. The wine is cheap. We had their superb Frontier red at R80 a bottle. We didn't have space for dessert but what was being served around us looked good - cheesecake, chocolate torte and creme brûlée . Fabulous venue, food and view plus not over priced.

• Visited April 2013