“Give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cape Town Fish Market - CLOSED

Cape Town Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Description: Stellenbosch Cnr Plein & Ryneveld Street Stellenbosch Tel 021 883 9216 Fax 021 883 9234 Cell 082 887 3998
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Others in the chain are a hit, but we have been there several times and always leave disappointed. The fish never seems absolutely fresh or properly cooked - something is lacking! Service is not the best. Not good value for money.

Visited November 2012
Chris M, Owner at Cape Town Fish Market, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hey There

Firstly I would like to thank you for the comments, yes I know it doesn't reflect well on my business but I see the positive in it. I have a chance to fix it. I am however terribly sorry for your experience and I would like to rectify this experience. I feel it is unfair on you and the rest of the people to go out and have this terrible experience and from now on I will watch what people have to say about my restaurant.

Please accept my sincerest apology for this and that I am working ten times harder for this not to happen again. I am spending even more time in my restaurant now and I can assure you that this bad reviews will be limited drastically all thanks to the time you took to put your opinion and view out there so I personally want to thank you for that. Like they say no criticism is bad criticism, it is all how you handle what is being said and I am taking this problems head on so that you and all the other people out there will not have to deal with this again.

Kind Regards

Chris Malherbe

• Turkish first
Nelspruit, South Africa
“Consistently slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have twice visited this restaurant in the last 6 months and both times the service was extremely slow and almost non-existent. On arrival we are shown our table and told who our waiter was but he only appeared once the whole evening and we had to get the attention of other waiters to order anything. The food is fine and there is a sushi bar but be prepared to spend 2 or 3 hours having a meal.

Visited February 2013
Hey There

Kind Regards

Chris Malherbe
Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape, South Africa
“CTFM Stellies revisited”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were in Stellenbosch for graduation day last week, and because town was so busy we revisited CTFM, to which I gave a poor review in January.

Chris M, the owner responded to my review and promised an improvement if we visited again, and I'm glad to say this was the case.

The food was good and the service was attentive. The kitchen was far to slow though, with our main course arriving over one and a half hours after our arrival time.

Overall a big improvement but plenty of work still to be done.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RBplett
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very good service and food. Friendly atmosphere. Good prices. Centrally located. Wide selection on menu.

Visited February 2013
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The food was not tasty. The service was in slow motion. No atmosphere. The four of us had different course. None of us thought the food was good. The table was to small for four persons.