“Our winery experience in Stellenbosch”
Review of Long Table Restaurant - CLOSED

Long Table Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having been to several wineries in Stellenbosch, this is our first visit to The Long Table. We consider it to be one of the best winery lunches we have experienced and will definitely visit the Long Table again on our next trip to Stellenbosch. I had sirloin steak topped with hollandaise sauce and a poached egg. It was cooked to perfection. My wife chose duck breast, equally delicious. The wine was excellent and the service wonderful. The views were superb. What more could one ask for?

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Sunday lunch in the vineyards - the expectation is high. As expected - the setting is perfect. The restaurant was fully booked and waiters were quietly setting up for a busy day ahead. I found the service exceptional - waiter was neat, efficient and knowledgeable. I ordered the specials as recommended by the waiter - it was perfect! - Starter - baby fig salad with prosciutto and for mains - the best lamb I have ever tasted. Dessert - their famous cheese cake. The wines were excellent and affordable - a good Sauvignon Blanc for R80 is a bargain anywhere. This gem in the winelands is good value for money with great food and relaxed, efficient service. Always good to return to one of my favourite restaurants.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The restaurant is located in the middle of wineyards, everything is beautifully green and relaxing.

The menu is a little limited but adequate for lunch. We had the hamburger, sirloin steak, venison and duck. Everything was tasty, especially the hamburger! Nothing stellar but nothing average either...

Service is really slow so be prepared to wait.

Wines are mostly limited to Haskell (the winery where the restaurant is located). I enjoyed my glass of Red Haskell II.

Prices are spot on, very reasonable. Recommended if you want a nice lunch with relaxing views of the Stellenbosch countryside!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

decent food but nothing special at Haskell Vineyard. Nice view from terrace. Friendly staff. Can be very busy in the weekend.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

A Wonderful setting with a prefect view is complemented by outstanding service. I must make mention of Lee, our charming knowledgeable waiter from Zimbabwe. As old friends getting together after a long time apart we had no intention of hurrying this lunch along, and he was superb and made this lunch a memorable one for us. Nothing was too much trouble and he has a great sense of humour. The food was excellent all round - we all had different dishes, from pork belly to past dish of the day, to a sirloin topped with a poached egg and hollandaise sauce and asparagus, and a pink loin of lamb fillet. Followed by a heavenly creme brulee and a pecan praline cheese cake. it was such a treat to sit under those beautiful trees until the very late afternoon... I had heard only good things about The Long Table, it was on my wish list of places to visit - and I was not disappointed.