“Friendly service”

Binnenhof
Ranked #110 of 250 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Tel: +27218879560; Definitely not listed under Stellenbosch yet...
“Friendly service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner on my own. When I arrived at 7pm, the place was nearly empty, but started to fill up soon thereafter.

A sizable menu, and the service friendly and efficient, with the owner following up and making sure everybody is happy.

I had a pork fillet, with chips and vegetables, and that was nicely prepared and tasty. Definitely not the best restaurant in Stellenbosch, but a nice change, and the friendly and efficient service makes it worthwhile.

Visited August 2013

Oslo, Norway
“ok”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was ok. a little slow. You could get better food in Stellenbocsh, but the food was still good. Had a cape malay curry, which was good.

Visited July 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good Food and Great Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

A few weeks ago we walked down the streets of Stellenbosch browzing for a supper spot. The colourful tables at the end of Ryneveld street attracted our attention and we had a look at the menu. A bearded man approached us and seated us. He explained the menu - very detailed with regards to food and wine. Following his recommendation, I had a trio of game medalions and my wife settled for boboti. Both our meals paired very nicely with the bottle of Shiraz which our friend suggested. After a very fine meal, he offered us coffee and brandy. The Binnenhof restaurant truly presented us with a fantastic culinary experience including great service and informed recommendations.

• Visited March 2013
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Although it is in a prime setting, I don't know how they stay open - probably rely on passing tourist trade. The food took ages, although the restaurant was more than half empty. It wasn't very nice at all - steaks overdone, fish inedible! We battled to get the attention of the waiters (who are very sloppily dressed and not well trained). The owner seemed very disinterested in his customers and more in his wine. Not a great experience, and, as locals, not one we will repeat.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Fran R
Chester, United Kingdom
“Well at least they didn't charge us !”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The menu sounded promising, the owner seemed pleasant when we called in the day before to book for dinner, but from then on unfortunately it was downhill. Although not unduly busy, we waited a long time for our food order to be taken, then an unacceptably long time for it to be served. Granted, were sitting outside, so food could cool down a little, but the carrots were stone cold on arrival. My husband's warthog steak was fine, but my bobotie ( served as a " slab " ) was warm around the edges and completely cold in the middle. Clearly not been in the microwave long enough ----- and I could have made a meal from scratch in the time we had waited ! The owner did offer to replace my meal with something else, but I could not face another long wait.
However, when my husband went to pay for his meal and our drinks, the owner did not charge for anything, which was fair enough. But a disappointing experience.

• Visited February 2013