“Such a lovely stay”
Review of 10 Alexander

10 Alexander
Ranked #5 of 116 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at 1O Alexander for 2 nights and couldn't have been better cared for. The facilities were excellent but so much more than that our hosts were delightful, attentive, kind and thoughtful, a bowl of peaches and some beautiful flowers, a glass of wine and a chat about life in Stellenbosh and changes in South Africa generally and much more. All a few minutes walk from the centre of such an interesting town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pennyandkevan
10alexander, Public Relations Manager at 10 Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Penny and Kevan. Thank you for the kind words. You forgot to add that spoiling nice people like you is very easy. We enjoyed your company, and Kevan had me thinking really hard with his incisive questions.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I arrived in Stellenbosh for a three night stay at 10 Alexander by train and was pleased to find the residence located a 3/4 minute walk from the station. It takes an additional five minute walk to the downtown area. My Bed and Breakfast experience at 10 Alexander was one of the best B and B experiences that i have ever had and I have stayed in lots throughout Europe, America and Asia (my first in Africa). I liked it so much, I actually extended my stay by three nights. The room I stayed in was a charming Dutch style and impeccably clean. GREAT breakfast with fresh baked homemade bread! The Hosts and owners Paul and Wietske were so helpful and informative ... went out of their way to make sure that I had a pleasant stay. I cannot say enough nice things about 10 Alexander ... Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LouisianaGreg
10alexander, Public Relations Manager at 10 Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thanks for the kind words, Gregory. Coming from an experienced traveller such as yourself, it really means a lot.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We visited 10 Alexander in March 2012 and stayed for over a week with Wietske and Paul for a friends wedding. We instantly felt welcome and they went out of their way to make our stay special. Excellent location and lovely clean and modern rooms, with extra touches like tea and biscuits, which appeared to be never ending! Would definately recommend this Guesthouse to anyone...along with the yummy breakfast! It has taken us a while to write this review but wanted to let people know what a fab place it is to stay.

Helen, Michelle & Angela

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank helenmcgrath40
10alexander, General Manager at 10 Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Helen, Michelle & Angela. Your positive response really means a lot to us. It was not difficult for the whole family to spoil the three pretty English roses. Anytime you need some sun again, you know where to find it!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

10 Alexander-Stellenbosch, Western Cape is undoubtedly a "must stay place" in Stellenbosch. I welcoming smile and gesture from Wietske and Paul makes everyone feel at easy and at home the moment you steps into 10 Alexander reception. If you are so fortunate like I was and have a love for pets, you may be welcomed by Otto, Mike and Ben, three peaceful and adorable dogs at 10 Alexander. These three pets welcome you like they have known you for a century. Rooms are spotless clean and neatly presentable, the breakfast is surely fit for a king and Paul does make the tastiest omelette I have ever ate. I stayed for 13 Nights and I was treat so special every single day I spent there. The customer service I received is an indication that at 10 Alexander, they clearly understand the need of their clients by providing them with a wonderful environment, while visiting Stellenbosch.
Definetly, I will go back to 10 Alexander, next time I found myself in Western Cape. Keep up the hard to match kindness and friendliness.
Emmanuel N

Room Tip: All rooms are quite of the same up standards.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Emmanuel N

Hi Emmanuel, it was indeed a pleasure having you here for two weeks. So glad that we managed to come up to your expectations in all respects, and we look forward toseeing you again in February.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Thanks for a wonderful stay at your guest house. The location is very central and made it easy for me to find my way. I would also recommend this location for business travel. Breakfast was especially wonderful and I can gladly recommend the stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Desere
10alexander, General Manager at 10 Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Desere
Thank you for your kind words. Your appreciation of the breakfast made it easy to try and improve even more.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

10 Alexander provided us with a comfortable business visit in Stellenbosch. We were close enought to the University to walk. The room was clean and presentable. I enjoyed the home made breakfast and was treated with kindness and friendliness. I give 10 Alexander the thumbs up.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Petronella J

Thank you Petro. We enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

A lovely breakfast and a nice place. Cute cosy setup that makes you feel at home - rooms have substantially more than the basics. very pretty look to the rooms and whole site (nice garden and a pretty pool). not too far from town centre (could easily walk).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Ayan, thank you for taking the time to respond. Your kind words are sincerely appreciated.