We spent a very relaxing New year's week in this wonderful hotel. The location in the very center of Stellenbosch is perfect and the service provided by all of the staff was at the highest level we have experienced.
This is not a luxury hotel for those seeking big suites and all sorts of facilities that the international luxury hotels offer. But for us, that appreciate the small scale, the exquisite taste throughout the interior design, and beyond all, the really personal and warm hospitality, this was just great.
We stayed in room 7, which has a balcony overlooking the pool. The room is rather small, but the bed is big and extremely comfortable, the bathroom very nice with double sinks and the air conditioner is quiet.
The entire staff was always very helpful, but Ilzebet, the elegant and ever-present General Manager was a wonder of hospitality. She has 100% of that genuine but so rare service-mindedness that makes you feel so welcome and looked after. We asked for advice on how to hike up the Table Mountain and she took great effort in finding us the best of all mountain guides, Riann Vorter from www.hiketablemountain.co.za, he led us on a wonderful day on the Table Mountain.
Then we asked Ilzebet about how to get someone to drive us to some nice wineries and she promptly booked the best of all wine guides, John Grant from www.wineescape.co.za. He gave us a wonderful tour with lots of inspiration about South African premium wines and took us to the best wineries based on our personal taste, places that we never would have found ourselves. We were not surprised when we saw that both these guides are ranked #1 on TridAdvisor.
We felt totally pampered and will surely return this this little little gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa