I'm not sure why this place had such great reviews. We stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon in May. The location is supurb and I do appreciate the property's beauty and history but...
rooms - uhm... my husband and I are not large people... We booked one of the larger rooms (I think most rooms are "larger" and they have 2 smaller rooms) but we didn't even really have space to open our suitcase. It was so clausterphobic in there that we tried to only go back to the room to sleep. The common areas of the hotel also feel very tight with very narrow hallways. It was quite a relief when we moved to the asara hotel for the next leg of our trip..
service - I found this quite average. People were polite but I did not feel they were nearly as friendly as the other hotels we stayed in in S.Africa. In fact I don't remember engaging in any conversation with the staff here at all!
breakfast - not terrible but was by far the worst of the 4 hotels I stayed at on this trip. The cold food was ok. there was a good selection of fruits, breads/pastires, cerials, cheese and coldcuts. For the hot breakfast my husband and I both ordered omlettes which were overly salty, dry, and just not worth eating when there's so much good food elsewhere in stellenbosch. For the second day we didn't even bother with the hot food and suck to the cold options.
spa - given this hotel is "coopmanhuijs boutique hotel and spa" I assumed they would have proper spa facilities. When I tried to book a couple's spa, I was told they only have one masseuse and that we could either take turns getting a massage or they could hire an external masseuse to come to the property. We gave this a miss and went to a proper spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1713, Coopmanhuijs was one of the first grand residences in the heart of historic Stellenbosch, and is now surrounded by the town's many stylish shops, galleries and museums. The rooms in the Manor House and newly built rooms overlook a outdoor pool and a walled courtyard. Guests can enjoy meals from the Provencal kitchen and dine at leisure with a glass of fine Cape wine in the courtyard or in the intimate Helena's Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel Stellenbosch
- Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel And Spa