“Stunning!”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Stellenbosch
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Stunning!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I only rated this hotel as a 5 star because I couldn't put any more! I stayed for 3 nights on my own and it was like staying with friends. Ilzebet ( the manager) and the other staff were very friendly and professional. They had lots of recommendations but would also leave me alone to make my own. I didn't eat here in the evenings as I had been given recommendations but if the standard of the breakfast was anything to go by it would have been wonderful. The breakfast was full of anything you could imagine - different pastries, loads of fruits, cheeses and meats and different juices. Stellenbosch is a gorgeous little town with lots of hidden squares to get lost in and plenty to do - I will definately come back here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank woobs75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed February 23, 2012

This hotel is HEAVEN for single, women travelers. It is beautiful. The rooms are elegant, spacious and have divine bathrooms. I loved the Victorian soaking tub. When I checked into the hotel I was hot and tired. Within seconds, the concierge was showing me a menu from next door. I selected my dinner and drew a bath. After a relaxing soak I slipped into the fluffy hotel robe. About 30 seconds later the dinner arrived ... with a quiet smile, the concierge said, he heard me drawing a bath, so he tried to time it 'just right' ... WOW! The breakfast is unbelievably elegant ... loads of fruit, cheeses, fresh, hot breads and any hot item you want ordered from the kitchen. The coffee is the real stuff ... The staff make you feel totally at home ... they really make you feel relaxed, comfortable -- offer suggestions but they also get that you may want to faff around doing nothing. Stellenbosch is full of chic boutiques, galleries and restaurants. There are also loads of churches, museums and a wonderful university campus. I didn't take a wine tour ... I just milled around the town and enjoyed myself completely. The manager of Coopmanhuijs absolutely lovely. She sent her adorable college aged son to take me to the airport. I felt I was leaving friends .... THIS PLACE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~ Sue Wood

Room Tip: Room Number 4 is a wonderful room for a single traveler. Elegant Queen Sized bed, perfect pillows...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank SusanTWood
Little Staughton, Beds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Wonderful boutique hotel with most attentive and helpful staff. No worries about parking, as they will park car and deliver on request (couple of minutes only). We only stayed a short time, so didn't sample food more than excellent buffet and personally cooked breakfast. Will certainly revisit.
A and K (UK)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AThrashe
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We are creently staying here about to have our second night here - it is a really fabulous, small and charming hotel run by very very caring and welcoming charming staff. Nothing is too much for them, particularly the WONDERFUL manageress Ilzebet who not only booked my husband a physic but drove him there personally! She also recommended and booked other wonderful restaurants for us (Ernie Else' Big Easy last night was super) and always with such a warm smile and chat. Breakfast was really amazing with so much choice, all served on a central unit in their charming kitchen! There is a spa which we haven't tried yet and the location in and around the art gallery part of the leafy, oak lined streets of Stellenbosch is so perfect for just strolling out of the front door down streets full of friendly cafes and outdoor restaurants. we will definitely recommend this charming boutique hotel to all our friends visiting Stellenbosch. Free wi-Fi in the rooms is great too so I can write this review on my IPad!

Room Tip: I like the room 4 we have - it is in the main part of the house and looks over the street. Very pret...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte F
halifax
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here over the New Year holiday and I cannot say enough about this hotel.Quiet clean comfortable rooms,excellent beds.The breakfast was delicious!I think the real pleasure here is the excellent staff in all areas of the hotel.The dining room and kitchen staff were first rate,they went above and beyond to make the dining experience lovely and relaxing!Great coffee!!!To the owners and management- well done!!!! I will definitely stay here anytime I visit Stellenbosch.Look no further this hotel has it all.

Room Tip: If you want to go off site for coffee or lunch the restaurant right next door is amazing.Also the In...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
California, Maryland
Reviewed January 29, 2012

fantastic indeed!
great rooms, great service, good location and above all: great value for money.
sincerely yours
ido shiponi

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank idoshiponi
Raleigh
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My wife and I just stayed for 2 nights in January 2012 and couldn't have been more pleased.
The hotel is in a great location, right on a charming street with lots of restaurants and shops.
Our room was very comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were fantastic. But what really made our stay memorable was the staff. Everyone was very nice and extremely helpful, always offering great advice on great places like the Hillcrest Berry farm that had not been
mentioned in any of our books. When we are back in the Stellenbosch area that is definity the place we would stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family