Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa
$117
$103
Agoda.com
$115
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$91
$69
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$101
$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$118
$103
Hotels.com
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa(Stellenbosch)
Priceline
All reviewshelena's restaurantchurch streetperfect hotelgeneral managersmall hotelmiddle of towncentral locationsmall roomlovely townexcellent locationwonderful stayrestaurants and shopshome from homewine countryattention to detailcape townexcellent breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Location cannot be beaten, rooms have the feel of an upmarket guest house (ie top notch and with character unlike a bland hotel). Breakfasts are great; innovative selection of fresh food. Great breakfast waiter (who takes tremendous pride in his cappuccinos) who also performs the role of porter/doorman (parking cars in the hotel car park). Reception staff mixed - vary from professional and knowledgeable to amateurish (eg lots of giggling) with a weak knowledge of the area. However, all very friendly and recommendable; by far the best choice in the town.

• Stayed: October 2011
Home2wn, General Manager at Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Our appreciation and a warm thank you for your kind words regarding Coopmanhuijs, and especially for recommending it as 'by far the best choice in town'.

My apologies however for the fact that you found some of the Front Office staff giggling and amateurish. We are currently housing three students from two local Hotel Schools who are busy doing their practical training. I can only presume that the staff in question could refer to these ladies. All three of them grew up in either Cape Town or neighbouring towns, and I will admit that, after spending only one year in Stellenbosch, their knowledge of the Winelands and surroundings are far from perfect. My sincere apologies.

We hope to welcome you back at Coopmanhuijs soonest.

Kind regards

Ilzebet O.
Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2011

What a great place! The hotel is lovely and conveniently located in town for walks to restaurants and shopping. Our room was pretty and comfortable with a new bathroom, complete with heated floor. We loved the breakfasts; great selection of fruits, nuts, cheeses, cakes and pastries and a hot breakfast if desired. I absolutely agree with other reviewers that the staff was outstanding! They were warm and welcoming, helpful with recommendations, and fun people to be around.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Gave just returned from the most enjoyable weekend break at Coopmanhuijs. There was a problem with our booking through Hotels.com but the efficient staff sorted it out without a fuss. The hotel is simply Devine and deserves it's 5 stars. everything was perfect from the friendly staff to the lovely breakfasts to the fire in the small and intimate lounge. If I had one complaint it would be that the lift is slow.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Coopmanjuijs is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were comfortable--bed was amazing. But what really stands out for me are the people. Everyone was helpful, gracious, and excited to be at the hotel. They made you feel welcome and were completely helpful when you had a question. I plan to be in Stellenbosch a few times a year for business and will make Coopmanhuijs my first place to book.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights on my recent SA trip and was overall pleased with my stay. Very reasonably priced for a 5 star property I found no doorman or parking assistant upon arrival to help out, although the street was more than busy and parking nearly impossible. Check in rather smooth and friendly, although I had to come in with my luggage to be helped.

Facilities and room were very nice, bed all comfortable, nice balcony and a beautiful and large bathroom with floor heating. Very clean, very nice. Wlan at no additional cost, easy and good dinner arrangements, excellent breakfast (in terms of quality and choice).

Only drawback is that I just don't consider this place to be worth of 5 stars. Front desk staff varies from icy (grumpy and not willing to help) to absolutely magnificent (all professional and friendly), breakfast service was unreliable (one out of two days I was not offered hot breakfast, though obviously part of the deal) and when leaving the place I found minor items (hygiene articles I bought earlier) to be removed from my car.

Finally I can recommend this place apart from minor problems I encountered.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank mrsmith0179
Home2wn, General Manager at Coopmanhuijs Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Mr S.0179

Thank you for choosing and staying at Coopmanhuijs, albeit not a completely satisfying visit.

May I offer my sincere apologies for the minor problems you experienced during your stay.

Parking in Stellenbosch, especially in the centre of town, is a huge problem. In fact, I had a meeting with the Mayor just yesterday where we discussed this issue in detail. We always have a parking assistant on duty at the hotel. Unfortunately though, he could have been busy exactly upon the hour of your arrival. Had we known that you were outside, we definitely would have sent immediate help re. valet parking as well as luggage carrying.

I am truly taken aback by your comment that some of the Front Office staff were 'icy, grumpy & not willing to help'. We are regarded as one of the most hospitable hotels in the Stellenbosch- and wider regions. If you would be so kind to send me more information, i.e staff-on-duty, etc., I will be able to address this problem immediately and with greater efficiency (and effect). My sincere apologies. I had no idea.

We are in the process of appointing highly-qualified staff from a local Hotel School in order to upgrade our breakfast service.

Regarding the 'minor hygiene articles' being removed from your car: kindly let me know who the responsible party was who either parked or fetched your car, and again, I will be able to issue the normal disciplinary actions, as well as send replacements, should you wish to forward your address in Frankfurt.

We at Coopmanhuijs are committed to ensure that every single guest is welcomed with warmth and sincere hospitality. My staff is truly dedicated to help and assist guests wherever and whenever they can. My sincerest apologies if your experience at Coopmanhuijs did not reflect these commitments.

Kindly let me know when (or if...) you will be traveling to South Africa again, and it will be our pleasure to offer you a one-night complimentary stay,

Regards
Ilzebet O.
Manager
Ps. feel free to address any further comments to my personal mailbox at gm@coopmanhuijs.co.za