“Mothers Day Breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 271 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: George Jardine from his Cape Town buisness has opened a new restraunt
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My twins, Bryan and Megan booked a special breakfast at Jordans for their mother on Mothers Day. The view is special and the brunch of a high standard. Sitting inside (too cold out) the wafting aroma of the bakery items nearly drives one to distraction - gosh it's great!!! So great food. ambiance, service and value for money. The main restaurant looks like a need to book as well. Only negative - so wanted one of the choc tarts but all had been reserved - oh well have to return then.

1  Thank Charles J

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just a magic place to have a delicious brunch overlooking the valley towards Stellenbosch. The new bakery is also worth a visit, fresh smells of different types of freshly baked bread. We sat outside and had a lovely view overlooking the dam. I suggest you book as this venue is very popular for lunches over the weekend.

1  Thank TrezSouthAfrica
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Wow what a beautiful setting for a lazy sunday lunch! The food was great and I especially loved the rocky road nougat dessert. The angus beef was good however nothing special. My husband had the fish and that was something different and very yummy. The wines are well priced and the staff are able to give good guidance on the best wines to accompany your dishes. We completed our meal with great double espresso.

It is a pricy experience but one well worth the expense.

2  Thank CJvdV
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here with our teenage children. Delicious food,good service and outstanding view- what a fantastic experience! Highly recommended.

2  Thank 450DEB
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I treated a group of people there for dinner recently. The setting was absolutely stunning and I liked the unfussy, unpretentious atmosphere. We went for the wine pairing and were all very excited about the experience after reading such amazing reviews.

The manager/head waitress was very good and it would have been a perfect evening had she waited our table all evening, however, the waiters in general seems rather clueless and not bothered about delivering a good service - bring the wrong food to the table, forgetting drinks orders and seeming generally disinterested.

I am usually quite relaxed about service as I have found the servive in Cape Town, in general, is not good; however, at a restaurant which is meant to be a 'top 10', i expect the full package - good service is such an impoertant part of a '5 star' dining experience......

This said, the food was sublime and I loved the open plan kitchen and watching thje chef and his team at work - looking very calm whilst creating the most incredible and beatuful looking dishes.

Would I go back - probably not, unless they do take-aways.

1  Thank DeonMaxwell