“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jordan Restaurant

Jordan Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 244 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: George Jardine from his Cape Town buisness has opened a new restraunt
Munich, Germany
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

The view, the wines, the food - it is no wonder, that Jordan Restaurant is among the top 3 restaurants in Stellenbosch. We went there for a 3 course lunch, and I had amazing lamb spare rips and a delicious sirloin.
The waiters were friendly and attentive, the wines a perfect fit (we did some tasting earlier and I am big fan of the Shiraz Jordan has to offer.
But, ah, the view: From the terrace you not only overlook a pond were several species of birds swim and sun, but you also have a fantastic view over the vine country of Stellenbosch (as Jordan is one of the higher vineyards). The cape chameleons, however, remained elusive during our stay.
If you plan on touring Stellenbosch, make sure you call ahead and reserve. It will be worth your time and money.

To the people complaining about waiting:
Yes, it might take a while, but this is how good food is done - if you are not able to take your time for a three course meal, i suggest another restaurant or maybe a KFC - there seem to be plenty around.

• Visited November 2013

Colchester, Essex
“What a start to the holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Had a top class meal overlooking the vineyards and mountains around False Bay. Our dessert of honey and poppyseed souffle was to die for!

• Visited November 2013
Bettystown, Ireland
“Keep it a secret!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I want to be selfish.... But I am not :-( so here is my view on the greatest tasting food I have ever tried.
On our own wine tour around Stellenbosch we decided to stop at Jordan wine estate under a recommendation from the hotel we were staying in about the restaurant and to try the lunch, luckily the hotel made a reservation for us. The first impression is that you arriving at a Hacienda with the quietness of the wilderness and stunning views across Stellenbosch. The greeting is very calm yet professional, friendly with a casual sophistication. The knowledge of the staff of the menu is impressive when they sit you down and as expected also the wines. the lunch menu didn't look like a large choice and I was at first a little apprehensive with the food but I was not prepared for the Mouth watering, taste bud tingling mix of senses I was experiencing, Food I had never thought of eating from flower petals to pate serviced in a delicate egg shell. We where seated next to the open kitchen, Incredibly it was not the usual open kitchen atmosphere I expected which I don't normally like, but it was as if it on mute, No noise and all staff working calmly like clockwork and the presentation done right in front of our eyes.The menu was so descriptive I really cannot remember the details so I wont attempt to embarrass my self and I also believe it changes day to day! The whole experience was incredible from the surroundings to the friendly professional staff and of course the STUNNING FOOD. I want to keep this a secret so I could turn up unannounced and be seated and treated to a gift of food but how can I let down these people. This place is a must to visit and treat yourself ! I would drive hundreds of miles to eat here, in fact We traveled from Ireland to visit the area and when I return to South Africa, where ever I may be in the country Jordan will be on top of my list.... Finally if all the lunch experience with the wine had not been enough, they lay the bill in front of you which in most restaurants would spoil the event with that quality of food but NO Not here, its yet another surprise making you feel happy and comfortable to leave a handsome tip and still know that you have received honest incredible value ! I cannot praise it enough...... Thank you to all at the Jordan.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ROOM1031
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Great/creative foods with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We celebrated a birthday here with a group of 12. The service and views down the valley were outstanding! The wine drinkers really enjoyed their wines. Our meal started a variety of breads and spreads. My starter course was mussels done in a bag with a cream/wine sauce. It was spectacular! And much larger than I'd expected. My main course was a grouping of small steak pieces with a nice type of seasonings and sauces. All in all a wonderful dinner at a fair price. It is on the high side for South Africa, but much less than similar meals in the states or Europe. Well worth the expense for a special meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bob T
“Favourite in South Africa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

George Jardine is in a league of his own. Unrivalled food,a breathtaking view and the fabulous Jordan wines. A lot to be happy about. The poppyseed soufflé and smoked salmon stood out.

1 Thank NiniEat