22 Die Laan Guest House
Agoda.com
$115
$130
$109
The Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$91
$69
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate(Stellenbosch)(Great Value!)
$101
$86
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa(Stellenbosch)
Priceline
All reviewsquiet at nightattention to detailstayed here for a weeksafe areawithin walking distanceminute walkrooms are spaciousrestaurants and barsthree nightsuniversityguesthousefridgelaundrysherryprivacyhostsconference
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Die Laan is an excellent guesthouse. It has very luxurious rooms, nice garden with a small pool, good breakfast, kind staff and is perfectly located near town center, university and river. I can recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
22DIELAANGUESTHOUSE, Owner at 22 Die Laan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Amlykke

Thank you so much for reviewing 22 Die Laan Guest House. We appreciate the effort, and want to thank you for your positive comments. It is encouraging to get such feedback, as every single member of our staff really works hard on a daily basis to ensure that our guests are happy and comfortable.

Hopefully we'll see you again at some point in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here for one night recently. Fantastic service and not falling into the trap of getting to familiar with its guests in an effort to create a home away from home albeit still attending to your every need. Great breakfast and ideally located close to all amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Werner

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Your very specific, constructive comments are appreciated - especially about the staff being friendly and welcoming, yet not overly familiar. We would like to believe that we have established that balance.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I and my colleague spent four nights at 22 Die Laan from 10th to 14th December 2013, which coincided with Madiba Mandela's funeral. The property was within walking distance to Stellenbosch University, the Institution that invited us to Stellenbosch upon our organization's request to monitor Nigerian students pursuing their postgraduate programmes there. The receptionists were very warm and caring, efficient and diligent in the way they handled us. My room was on the ground floor and directly facing the swimming pool and even though I did not swim, it was pleasant to my eyes and heart. The room was spacious, well lighted and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom/toilet were immaculately neat, roomy and fragrant and the towels adequate and clean. The windows were as much ventilating when opened as their blinds were secretive when closed. The fridge was richly stuffed with several wonderful drinks, except my very favorite (Grapetiser). I particularly enjoyed my breakfast, which was rich and satisfying. If opportune to be in Stellenbosch again, 22 Die Laan would surely be my choicest lodge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are closest to the pool, directly facing the gardens and sunny
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
22DIELAANGUESTHOUSE, Owner at 22 Die Laan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dearest Mohammed M

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate you taking the time to make the effort.

Your very specific, detailed remarks and observations are constructive and informative, and as such serve to help other potential guests when making a choice as to accommodation in Stellenbosch. It is also a reward to all our staff for their consistent hard work throughout the year.

We will ensure that next time you visit, there is Grapetiser in your fridge - do you prefer the white or the red one?

Reviewed December 5, 2013

My colleagues and I opted to stay at 22 Die Laan during our current business trip. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Our rooms are excellent: air conditioned, satellite TV, stocked mini fridge, blackout curtains, and fantastic bathrooms with large tubs and separate rainfall showers.

Breakfast is served each morning with a wide array of eggs, fruits, cheeses, meats, breads, cereals and yogurts to choose from. The back patio and garden is beautiful and perfect for relaxing in the chairs or couch on the shaded patio or in the lounge chairs around the pool. You can also choose to get some work done. In fact, as I write this review, I am sat on the patio taking advantage of the free Wifi internet. I would absolutely choose to stay here again either on business or holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
22DIELAANGUESTHOUSE, Owner at 22 Die Laan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Dan H

You are the kind of guest, and this is the kind of review, that warms my heart to the extent that I want to shout my appreciation from the roof tops!

You might not realise what these comments mean to me and the whole of the 22 Die Laan Guest House team. Every single staff member works very hard on a daily basis to try and meet the needs of our guests as best possible. It is therefore incredibly pleasing and gratifying to receive such a positive and uplifting review.

We most certainly look forward to hosting you again at some point in the future. We also wish you a blessed Christmas season.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights , the guest house is well located with an easy walk to the centre of a historic and vibrant town . The room we had was stylish well presented cosy and had many amenities you would expect in a high end hotel . Breakfast was delicious . Problems were sorted out quickly and efficiently . I would stay again .

Room Tip: Only had experience of Du Plessis room near swimming pool , lovely large room excellent en suite
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
22DIELAANGUESTHOUSE, Owner at 22 Die Laan Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate the effort, as we know how precious time is.

Your specific, constructive comments are truly helpful - ultimately this is the only way we know how our guests feel about their experience at 22 Die Laan Guest House, and it assists us in continuously striving to improve our amenities and especially our service. Thank you also for reccommending our guest house.

We sincerely look forward to hosting you again at some point in the future.