“Excellent setting and brilliant food!!!”

96 Winery Road Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 263 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The iconic winelands restaurant,great views of the local Helderberg and a firm favourite amongst the Stellenbosch locals for the past 15 years and still wowing the faithful. A firm reputation for outstanding, friendly service, great food, wonderful steaks and remarkably good value, with the best selection of wines.Frequent award winner and each dining area has a cosy fireplace for the winter.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and had the opportunity to had lunch here and also just a cup of coffee. But today i have decided to take my family here and have lunch with my wife and 2boys. Also at the same time knowing that if they were sitting too long that they could enjoy themselves in the play park, my 2 boys that is. I have to say that everything was very well organized. Firstly i phoned to make a reservation of which i will be arriving within the next 30mins, which was very well taken by the manager and upon my arrival the booking appeared and my table was ready for me. We sat down and the service from the waiters from start to finish was excellent. Keep up the good work guys and i will surely be back for more!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at this restaurant, as it had been recommended by an acquaintance of ours whom we met in America, but lived in South Africa and represents several vineyards.

The setting is rustic and very pleasant. We dined on the outdoor patio with views of the vineyard, and gardens.

The food was wonderful, and the presentation and service excellent.

My advice if you order a meat dish that can be prepared as rare, medium or well done is to ask for it to be done one level more than you like - medium comes out rare etc.

The price for the meal was extremely reasonable and an excellent value. Obviously, wines from their winery are available, and their Chardonnay is one of the award-winners in the area.

96 Winery Road is off the beaten track, and is well worth the stop for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

As a local I have been to this restaurant several times, but this is the first time I have had the Creme Brûlée. Believe me as a bit of a connesuire when it comes to Creme Brûlée, this was the best I've ever had. My wife had the Caffine Fix which she said was divine. I found the Rump steak disappointing but can't blame the restaurant for the cut of beef, which a bit chewy. My wife and daughters had the hollandse pepper fillet which I'm sorry I did not order. All in all a supurb meal, whilst the service could have been faster. We were about the only locals in a full restaurant of foreigners who were given preference I must say......

1  Thank DougCapeTown
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We've been here several times in former years; normally a reliable steak restaurant. This time our t-bone-seak and rumpsteak were both not tender. The french fries were fluffy. Service nice but not very attentive.
There are so many excellent options around; we'll take this restaurant from our list.

1  Thank Dils2003
Reviewed December 15, 2013

had the most amazing steak there I've eaten ever. Well worth the drive and the wait. But do make reservations.