“Nice wine tour”

Easy Rider Specialist Wine Tours
Ranked #16 of 51 Tours in Stellenbosch
More attraction details
Owner description: Easy Rider Specialist Wine Tours is a Stellenbosch based tour operator with more than 14 years experience and track record. We pride ourselves on providing a budget priced tour yet delivering a 5 star tour of the wine lands area around Stellenbosch. We run the tour daily including Sundays and depart at around 1030am from Stellenbosch returning around 5pm.
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked this tour through the Stumble Inn in Stellenbosch. Overall I'd rate this as a great way to spend the day. The wines were lovely, and we visited a nice mix of wineries. Tiritiri is an excellent, knowledgeable, low-key guide. If you're looking for an upscale tour this is probably not for you. If you're a backpacker and/or someone who is looking for a fun, down to earth experience in a very beautiful setting, then I expect you'll enjoy this tour.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was recently in Stellenbosch and booked the Easy Rider wine tour for myself and my parents. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and our guide Tiri Tiri. Unlike other reviewers, we didn't feel rushed at all and appreciated the timing because it allows you to visit four very different wineries and three different towns without taking up your entire day. The 10:30-5:00 schedule was perfect for us as we were staying in Cape Town and it gave us the flexibility to spend the morning and evening exploring the charming town of Stellenbosch. I'm in my 30s and my parents are in their late 50s/early 60s and we all appreciated Tiri Tiri's laid back attitude and sense of humor. I think the negative reviews of this tour might be coming from people who prefer a more stiff, snooty tour/guide because it stood out to us as one of our favorite parts of our two week vacation! So if you are interested in wine-snobbery, perhaps this isn't the tour for you. But for those looking for a down to earth, affordable, informative tour that lets you experience some delicious South African wines and scenery without being pretentious, I would highly recommend Easy Rider.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This really depends on what you want from your wineries visit and I think maybe there is some confusion which has resulted in bad reviews here. We wanted a youngish (ie under 50), reasonably priced insight into some of the local vineyards and produce, complete with beautiful scenery and some lovely cheese and goats along the way. And so we were very satisfied with what Easy Riders provided! In response to some of the other reviews, we did not feel rushed at all and had no issues with running into other tour groups/feeling herded around. In most of the vineyards it was just our small group of around 16 people!

I think its unfair to call this a booze cruise - there is some seriousness to it and there was no pressure to get drunk at all - however if you are looking for a very serious 'fancy' experience with plenty of swilling and spitting and pretentious discussion then this probably isn't for you! But if you want a reasonably priced and enjoyable day out then go for it!

Some logistics: Easy Riders can arrange a pick up from your hotel in Cape Town if you are not staying in Stellenbosch or you can get a train to Stellenbosch and they will meet you. We found them to be really accommodating so would recommend giving them a call if you have an queries or special requests.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is great if you basically want a designated driver to take you around so you can sample all the wines at some of the larger wineries. Our tour guide was fairly hands off but was really did know his wines and was able to answer all of our basic questions. He didn't rush us at all. Perhaps this tour is rushed in the high season with lots of people but we only had six and everything was relaxed and enjoyable. Just go in knowing that you're basically hiring a taxi driver who knows a bit about wines and you'll be happy. If your budget is a bit more flexible any of the highly rated tour guides (we used Tsiba Tsiba) offer more education and most importantly hit much higher end and tastier wineries for only a 50-100 rand more.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

While in the wine area, we were looking for a budget wine tour. Since we are not wine experts, going on a tour saved time researching wineries in the area. The format of the tour was fine and the lunch in Franchoek was good. We also enjoyed each of the wineries. Other reviewers felt rushed. We did not. Our tour guide (Gabriel) did not talk at all about the towns as we went through them and when questions were asked (not about wine) he acted as though they were dumb questions. It was as though he expected us to know all about the towns when we had never even been to South Africa. We would have enjoyed the tour more with a better guide. People skills are very important in this profession.

2  Thank TallahasseeTricia