“Awesome!”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hillcrest is a great place to visit for breakfast, brunch or lunch. The options on their menu are ample. I recommend that you opt for any dish that includes berries since that is their speciality! The scones with a choice of two different jams is a classic and personal favourite. I tried the mixed berry smoothie and it was absolutely delicious! Their drinks menu has more options than many other coffee shops that I know. The hot chocolate section looks especially intriguing!

Sitting on the patio outside, a customer has a splendid view of farms and mountains. The staff is friendly and the shop/deli is great. It sells all of the jams that Hillcrest offers, as well as berries, chutneys, fresh bread, nougat, etc.

A visit to Hillcrest is well worth the short trip from Stellenbosch.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was amazed by the amazing setting, really spectacular. Unfortunately the service was very slow, the dish I ordered not available. The Chicken pie was well prepared, scones were fresh,but is was in my opinion over priced. If the service was better I would probably go back, but for now there is just to many options to visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I've been to the Hillcrest Berry Orchard on several occasions. I've come to the following conclusion:- If all you want is a cup of tea/ coffee and a scone or two, then this is the place for you. The surrounding view is truly amazing and the scones with the jam and cream never fails to satisfy. However, steer clear of their meals. Last Sunday, I decided to have lunch there and was sorely disappointed. The burger which they dished up was dry and tasteless and hardly justified the R78.00 that I was charged. I genuinely felt I was taken for a ride. Never again!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

A beautiful setting on the Helshoogte pass complemented by scones, cream and a selection of Hillcrest jams, what more could you want?

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Best cup of coffee I have had in years. What an amazing view - you can almost touch the mountains. They make the most wonderful coulis.