“Wide variety”

Ranked #117 of 267 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Taking its name from a Greek mackerel fisherman that one of the owners once met while on holiday , Jimmy the Fish offers the freshest and most succulent seafood in Stellenbosch! They also offer an array of Mediterranean dishes to suit every palate and they cater to vegetarians and those who are Halaal. Surrounding its customers rustic relics from the ocean, this cosy and vibrant restaurant is the perfect dining destination for one and all. Whether you are looking to feed the whole family, have a romantic dinner or have business lunch meeting - this is the place to be! Join the friendly, well trained staff at Jimmy the Fish for lunch or dinner and you will find yourself a regular in no time. Don't miss the nightly predator feedings between 20:00 and 21:00 to see what is lurking in the fish tanks!
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Jimmy's has sushi, Asian, pizzas, pasta, seafood and grills - as well as being inexpensive and child-friendly.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Reasonably priced, good variety, good food and entertainment for smaller kids. Good family restaurant

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Last night, we went to Jimmy The Fish on the R44 heading in to Stellenbosch. All 4 of us were very happy with our orders: 2 ordered grilled Norwegian salmon that was juicy and a large fillet, 1 ordered the linefiish of the day: cod, and I ordered the calamari patagonica. All the food was yummy and cooked perfectly! My gripe is that they need larger tables, OR they need to change the way they plate and present their food. We each had a wine and water glass, we each had a good sized plate for our fish, plus each person had a salad bowl, and also, a small veggie casserole for each two people. Add to that, the promos in the center of the table, and the condiment caddy, and there just wasn't enough room - not even for one elbow, much less two! Eish!!! We ended up putting things on the floor, on a nearby ledge, on a chair from another table, ....... too much re-arranging going on. Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable and made good recommendations, she just wasn't as available as would have been nice - twice we had to track her down in another station of the restaurant (not sure if if was on off night, or if they just need to add staff). We'd definitely go back because the food was good, and reasonable - but we'd adjust our expectations. Think La Romantica re-focused on fish.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Good food, service slow, didn't like the bright lights on the wall next to my head.

1  Thank heleen101
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Whenever we wanna have a good variety of food on the menu we go to Jimmy the Fish.We were 6 people incl. 1 under 12.Food was great as usual.The bill came to R650.00 and i tipped the waitress R45.When she saw the tip she just left the bill with me and I never saw her again.She complained to her Manager I think and he said to me that I was supposed to give her at least 10%.This was new to me because we were only 6 people.According to my knowledge you only tip 10% if it is more than 8 diners.This experience wont stop me of going to JTF again.