“Revisited and Reviewed......”
Review of Dornier Bodega

Dornier Bodega
Ranked #33 of 274 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Part of the Dornier Wine Estate, this is a great place to enjoy the best in life. Spend time with your family on the generous verandah and pair some great Stellenbosch wines with dishes from a creative seasonal menu.You can taste our wines at the table or at the Wine Lounge.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The staff were most helpful in trying to correct the problems we endured on a previous visit and invited us back for a re-appraisal. We didn't go on the "Seafood Special Day" as previously but a week-day lunch would be a good test. The resulting warm welcomes, excellent explanations by the staff of the menus, certainly placed us in a most relaxing mode. We selected the 3 course lunches with paired wines and can give high compliments to the chef for presenting a delicious lunch experience. The food, views and overall ambiance along with the scenic drive into the foot of the mountains can all be highly recommended.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This really is a nice venue situated in a very beautiful valley and ideally suited for children with a massive play area. I only went back because my Grand daughter could enjoy the play area!
The menu is exactly the same as my previous visit, no changes and no specials of the day.
Still I had a very nice springbok pizza to start and the Lamb burger which was very tasty but the soggy oil ridden chips were awful.
The Cocoa Hill sauvignon blanc 2013, own brand at R90 a bottle was excellent and good value. We had two bottles! The service was very friendly, attentive and not in your face!
My advice to the owners…..CHANGE THE MENU!!!

1  Thank Spithead
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed a lunch here. They had a special on the seafood food platter the day
we visited. It was exceptional value for money. The food was delicious and the wines paired
very well. We were visiting with friends who live locally and I am glad they brought us here.
I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

No wonder wine and food are at best here. Me and my family love to get away and enjoy good food and wines at reasonable prices. The white wines are some of the best in the world.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was our first visit to Bodega, but we will return. The view of the montains from the stoep is awe inspiring. The food is creative and delicious. I went with the Beetroot Towers with Goats cheese followed by the lamb cutlets, both beautifully done. Of course we had some wine starting with the Coacoa Hill Sauvignon Blan and finishing with the Dornier Cabernet. I must mention our wiatress who tackled our party of 12 with some skill. Great location