“Good food & wine in a tranquil surroundings”
Review of Dornier Bodega

Dornier Bodega
Ranked #42 of 267 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: Part of the Dornier Wine Estate, this is a great place to enjoy the best in life. Spend time with your family on the generous verandah and pair some great Stellenbosch wines with dishes from a creative seasonal menu.You can taste our wines at the table or at the Wine Lounge.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We so enjoyed Bodega Restaurant, good food, and good wine!
We especially enjoyed the Sea Food platter, which consisted of an excellent variety of sea food, and was good value for money.
Some of the members of our group ordered the tapas, which were also enjoyed by all.
Service was good at all times.
We have many international visitors, and will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were driving around in the area and found Dornier Wine Estate and behold we saw Bodego Restaurant. We were lucky to get a table and spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and enjoying our beautiful surroundings. We had Oxtail Tortellini and Beetroot Towers for our starters and our main consisted of Monk Line Fish and the Crayfish Platter. The food was fresh and delicious. Cooked to perfection. We will definitely return to Bodego.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had such am amazing evening at Donier on Valentines Day. The service was awsome, Faith was incredibly sweet and very delightful and informative thought the evening. The food was present beautifully. My partner ordered the scallobs which were resented on a succulent lemon flavoured risotto COOKED TO PERFECTION! I enjoyed the oxtail tortilini, as melted in my mouth.
Main coarse we both had the beef fillet, was extremely tender and each mouthful was a pleasure :) AND THE DESERT!!!!! OMG!!!! INCREDIBLE, SO many flavours, beautifully presented !!! VERY happy with my romantic night out! THANK YOU DORNIER and Chef

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had an awesome lunch at Bodega last week. Friends of mine suggested trying bodega as they had several previous excellent lunches at this wonderful restaurant. I had the duck spring rolls which were excellent, the tomato jam accompanied them perfectly, for mains I had the pork belly - wow! Never in my life have I had such a succulent and well cooked piece of pork belly. I will definitely come back and tell all my friends about this lovely wine estate.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

it was our first visit to Dornier and we took friends to lunch at Bodega for a birthday celebration. We had chosen the restaurant after looking at reviews on Tripadvisor and checking out the menu which offered a good variety of dishes. However we discovered that the Tapas menu was only available in the evenings and the Shellfish platters were hugely expensive (except at half price on Wednesdays). It was a beautiful day and the situation and the mountain views were lovely. For starters two of us ordered the duck spring roll which turned out to almost inedible. The pastry was thick and so hard on the outside that even the knife wouldn't penetrate, and the duck filling was dry. The other starters, beetroot tower and oxtail tortellini, were unremarkable. For mains two of us had the fish on a prawn nasi goreng which was equally disappointing. The monk fish was very rubbery, the single small prawn was hard and dry and lacking any flavour, and the nasi goreng had so much chilli which overwhelmed any fish flavour. We expected the nasi goreng to be spicy instead of chilli hot. The caesar salad and lamb chops were equally unremarkable.
The presentation really excited the taste buds only for them to be let down by the lack of flavour in all the dishes.

BonVinToujours, General Manager at Dornier Bodega, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

"Dear Barbsea
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the sub-standard food that you received whilst visiting us. Most of the dishes that you are referring to are our best sellers, and this is very disappointing to hear that they did not live up to their reputations. I have spoken to my chef regarding all the points that you have made, and he will make sure this does not happen again.
Thank you for your valued feedback.