“Friendly and helpful, great location”
Review of Caledon Villa

Caledon Villa
Ranked #34 of 116 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed for two nights at Caledon Villa. The owner, Johan, was very service minded, helping us out with planning of routes, maps and places to visit. Great breakfast.

Our room had a small terrace but was facing the parking. Even though the guesthouse was nicely kept in its original style, perhaps our room felt a bit worn out.

The location was great, just a short walk from the city and in a nice neighborhood.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martina-Johan

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stellenbosch has become over the years our favorite stay in South Africa. Fine dining , fine wine, historic building, lots of great little shops , a young dynamic population in the streets .... oh yes
and of course Johan , Ode and staff at the Caledon Villa.
This year arriving and departing from Capetown airport,we choose the Caledon as our first stop 4 nights and as our last stop also 4 nights. As return guests our 7 th stay we were warmly welcomed
but rest assured Johan goes out of his way for all his guests and can be most helpful for first time visitors.
Great variety of rooms, great location, lovely garden with pool and general ambience that contributes to an exceptionnal stay and that feeling of a second home

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We just spent 2 weeks at Caledon Villa. It was a wonderful experience. We have spent many nights in B&B in all different countries, this is the first one we felt like we were leaving friends when we left. Johan, Ode, Bernice & Carisa made us feel like family.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Katheryn S
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I absolutely love this charming guesthouse in the heart of Stellenbosch. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. This is the perfect place to be to explore the beautiful wine-country of South Africa. You will fall in love with this area. For us it felt like a home-away-from-home. We even had a fireplace in our room. How cool is that? We definitely recommend a stay here if you would like to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Victoria201154
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at Caledon Villa as part of our touring trip to S.A. It is perfectly situated to take a stroll into town and all amenities and yet is in a peaceful residential area. Johan was brilliant, helpful with his maps, advice and coloured pens! Especially as this was out first time in Stellenbosch, he pointed us in the right direction! Johan and Ode's home is a delight, full of interesting objects and furniture. The service, breakfasts and lovely garden all made the stay a delight. We would definitely make a return and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H0witts
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I spent 3 days at Caledon Villa on a business/pleasure trip to Stellenbosch. The room and breakfast was very nice and the location is great--right by the historic downtown. Very nice grounds. I wanted to see something of the area and Johan planned some excellent excursions for me that I never would have found on my own. It really made the trip. Bernice was very helpful and a delight.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Making your stay as pleasant as possible seems to be the main motive in the Caledon Villa.
The room I got was quite large and always gave me a very warm feeling when I stepped in. This warm feeling is true for the complex as a whole. I regret I did not have more time to stay in the garden in the morning or read a book in the nice lobby in the evening.
The room is equipped with everything you might need (including stuff you always forget to pack like shoe paste..). In other cases I found the desk very helpful and eager to help. In general the staff is very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast is a very nice and a tasty experience - a perfect way to start your day.
hmm.. the internet arrangement was a bit clumsy while I was there (about a year or so) but perhaps they change it since then. I the issue was on their mind.

In short, I wish I had a good excuse to return to Stellenbosch so that I can spend a few more peaceful days in the Caledon Villa.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business