“Feels like Home”
Review of Caledon Villa

Caledon Villa
Ranked #25 of 115 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We just spent 2 weeks at Caledon Villa. It was a wonderful experience. We have spent many nights in B&B in all different countries, this is the first one we felt like we were leaving friends when we left. Johan, Ode, Bernice & Carisa made us feel like family.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Katheryn S

Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I absolutely love this charming guesthouse in the heart of Stellenbosch. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. This is the perfect place to be to explore the beautiful wine-country of South Africa. You will fall in love with this area. For us it felt like a home-away-from-home. We even had a fireplace in our room. How cool is that? We definitely recommend a stay here if you would like to visit one of the most beautiful places in the world.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Victoria201154
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at Caledon Villa as part of our touring trip to S.A. It is perfectly situated to take a stroll into town and all amenities and yet is in a peaceful residential area. Johan was brilliant, helpful with his maps, advice and coloured pens! Especially as this was out first time in Stellenbosch, he pointed us in the right direction! Johan and Ode's home is a delight, full of interesting objects and furniture. The service, breakfasts and lovely garden all made the stay a delight. We would definitely make a return and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H0witts
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I spent 3 days at Caledon Villa on a business/pleasure trip to Stellenbosch. The room and breakfast was very nice and the location is great--right by the historic downtown. Very nice grounds. I wanted to see something of the area and Johan planned some excellent excursions for me that I never would have found on my own. It really made the trip. Bernice was very helpful and a delight.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Making your stay as pleasant as possible seems to be the main motive in the Caledon Villa.
The room I got was quite large and always gave me a very warm feeling when I stepped in. This warm feeling is true for the complex as a whole. I regret I did not have more time to stay in the garden in the morning or read a book in the nice lobby in the evening.
The room is equipped with everything you might need (including stuff you always forget to pack like shoe paste..). In other cases I found the desk very helpful and eager to help. In general the staff is very friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast is a very nice and a tasty experience - a perfect way to start your day.
hmm.. the internet arrangement was a bit clumsy while I was there (about a year or so) but perhaps they change it since then. I the issue was on their mind.

In short, I wish I had a good excuse to return to Stellenbosch so that I can spend a few more peaceful days in the Caledon Villa.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank r u
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from South Africa, having spent 3 days in Stellenbosch where we stayed at Caledon Villa. It was our 7th stay there and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there again. We fully agree with what has been said already: The spacious rooms/suites are clean and comfortable, beautifully furnished and have everything a guest may need and more. The gardens, including the roof garden, are beautifully kept, and the swimming pool and the comfortable sun loungers are very welcoming after a busy day of sightseeing. We like the location as it is walking distance to all places of interest and the shops and restaurants in Stellenbosch, but particularly the friendly atmosphere that makes us feel at home. The breakfasts are truly wonderful. However, outstanding is the personal interest shown by the owners, Johan and Ode, and the manager, Bernice. Nothing is too much for them. We also appreciate very much Johan's suggestions regarding what to see in the area. He always knows of some places we have not yet been to and they have without fail been excellent, because they have all been checked out by him personally. We would have no hesitation of recommending this guesthouse in Stellenbosch.
D & H Atherden, Buckinghamshire, UK

D & H Atherden, Buckinghamshire, UK

Room Tip: During our first visit we stayed in the Pharao (spelling ?) Suite and that is still our favourite on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 999HeikeA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Caledon Villa, and had a great experience. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast was great, and the property itself was well kept and relaxing. I love all of the little amenities like an "honesty" bar in the room with the most reasonable prices I have seen, I also liked the tea and cookies in the room everyday. The property owner, Johan, was always friendly was hospitable. Bernice at the front desk was amazing. Any time we asked about an activity around Stellenbosch, she would make calls, do research, print out info, and leave it all on our door. Overall, we felt very well care for our entire stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business