“Man'oushe is worth a visit to Stellenbosh, all on its own!”

Man'oushe Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 287 Restaurants in Stellenbosch
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Once in awhile one dines in an establishment, which is so far above what is ever expected, that one just has to share the experience with others. Man'oushe is in that group.

Stellenbosh is known for good wine and food. A local shop owner commented on a couple choices I had narrowed my dinner choice to, but when I told him I really wanted to just go somewhere peaceful (non-hectic) to order a bottle of good wine, eat some good food, and watch the world pass by, his eyes lit up, and he recommended a favorite of his ---- Man'oushe.

It was perfect! And it made for about three of the best hours I have spent anywhere in a long time. I sat at a small table on the edge of where the inside of the restaurant ended and where the sidewalk tables started. It was a great vantage point to take in the people walking past.

The staff of mostly young servers was enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and very helpful. One server suggested a local cabernet (from a joint-venture between the local university and a local vintner). It was perfect!

Now, the only problem was picking out what to eat from a mouth-watering menu of Lebanese and local favorites. I decided to simply have a couple of the starters (appetizers are called starters in South Africa). It was more than I could eat. My only regret was that I had to leave Stellenbosh the next morning and could not return for another meal.

Even if you are not familiar with Lebanese/Middle Eastern cuisine, do yourself a favor. Eat at Man'oushe. It will be one of the most memorable dining experiences you will ever have.

1  Thank Castleblanca

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Really busy restaurant with lots of students. Great middle eastern/lebanese food.

1  Thank satchmoDundee
Reviewed August 9, 2009

I enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, stunning atmosphere and lovely fresh food.

1  Thank Fififeral
Reviewed June 7, 2009

great food, fun atmosphere. amazing hummus and bread!

1  Thank em0514
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I went to ManOuche for my birthday, and it was awesome! The chef, Jean, is very involved in all the meals he serve and has such a pleasant personality! I love the vibe, and love the food even more! Plus you can order a hubbly!

1  Thank chal25