We pulled up to the gate of the Asara Winery on a Sunday afternoon, at 3 p.m. The gatekeeper reminded us that they would be closing in 15 minutes. According to all of the information we had on the property, closing time is 4 p.m. on Sundays, so we thought perhaps he was mistaken. When we walked in the door, the woman who gave us the information on tastings indicated they were about to close. I asked if we should leave, and she said, "No". We were feeling incredibly hurry with the tasting, when at 3:15 a nice woman came up to us and told us, "please don't feel rushed. We don't close until 4." That was kind of her, however, by this time, we felt so unwelcome and rushed. While purchasing the bottles of wine we chose, the same woman who said they were about to close seemed rather embarrassed she had lied about closing time. We left the premises at 3:40. They should not allowed guests in if they were just going to make them feel rushed. This is a beautiful winery and we would have liked to spend more time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara is a 5-star hotel, set on a 180-hectare wine estate, in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The hotel offers warm hospitality, luxury accommodation, and the finest in food and wines - at highly competitive rates. A major feature of the hotel is its unique location on the Polkadraai Hills just outside of Stellenbosch, which affords stunning views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains, and creates a relaxed, get-away atmosphere. Asara is situated just 4kms from Stellenbosch and 25kms from Cape Town International Airport, making it ideal as a base from which to discover and explore the fabulous Cape Winelands, and further afield in the Western Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel