Asara Wine Estate & Hotel
Spier Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Stellenbosch Hotel(Stellenbosch)
Oude Werf Hotel(Stellenbosch)
View Hotel
All reviewsgin barmise en placewhite cabbell towervineyard suitegin tastingoverlooking the lakecape towncourtyard roommacaroonswine estateour honeymoonstunning viewstasting roomsouth africastellenbosch mountainsattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in delux room 105 - the same as last September. Lovely spacious room with terrace. Large bathroom and shower. Kingsize bed with exquisite linen sheets.
Sorry to read of recent problems but our stay was again near perfect - from the 'welcome back' to the 'hope to see you again' at the end.
We ate in the main restauant on 2 nights and in the Sansibar the other. All food excellent as well as at breakfast.
Our only disappointment was that for a 5 star hotel we could not understand why the in room TV's were only programmed to receive one sports channel. We left our views with the management but have not heard since.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ROKNottingham
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What a truly 5 star experience !
Yesterday evening I came back to the room, my slippers were standing next to my bed, the TV guide opened on the page of that day with the remote next to it.
Together with a little card informing me about tomorrow s weather.
All staff is very friendly, breakfast selection is fantastic ! You can choose to eat outside too with superb views of a pond and the mountains on the background.
Rooms are big in size and bathrooms and shower rooms too.
Actually there is nothing bad I can think of !
I would recommend everybody to stay here if you have the chance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank john v
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The views are lovely, no matter where you look. There are some great places to walk among the vineyards. Our room was beautiful, and staff was friendly and well intentioned. Service can be slow in this part of the world but they were pretty good. I was a little disappointed that the tapas and bistro place was closed (out of season) and the deli was closed by 5pm, but the bar food and the dining at Raphael's was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2013

When we arrived at Asara we were directed to park at reception and a valet drove our car to the parking for us. At reception we were told we had been given a free upgrade, a very friendly and informative concierge took our bags and showed us to our room, a short walk away, whilst telling us lots about Asara. Once we arrived in our room, the concierge showed us how to use everything. The room, bathroom, and balcony were very clean, a great size and very luxurious. Our mini bar was full (not sure what other guests are talking about), there are a range of channels and movies to watch. The view from our room was excellent of the vineyards and reservoir. The pool was a great temperature, the sun loungers were extremely stylish and comfy, and there was a waiter giving drinks service at the pool, which were just added to the room bill. We had a quick lunch on the balcony of the cigar lounge, an excellent dinner in the restaurant and a huge (all you can eat) inclusive breakfast in the morning. Only wish our stay was longer!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Although the rooms are new and large, there seems to be no individuality as one would expect at a wine estate. The facilities are large and very commercialized. The little boutique shop was enjoyable with interesting little eateries for in-between. The restaurant was far from gourmet and one certainly gets the feeling that main dishes are already dished up and kept under the warmers long before they are ordered. My steak which was ordered medium rate arrived as a flat piece totally overcooked. My wife's veal was so tough you could hardly cut through it with a knife. Even at breakfast a simple scrambled egg order was delivered incorrectly.

Due to the restaurant, this became an unhappy experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AsaraManagement, Manager at Asara Wine Estate & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest

I am really sorry to read of your negative experience on your recent visit. I would like to apologise on behalf of the Asara Team. I can assure you this is not our normal standard nor the standard we strive to deliver
I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We have taken your comments and feedback seriously and will work closely with the Kitchen and Restaurant Teams respectively to ensure that we do not repeat this experience for other guests.

I do hope you will consider staying at Asara in the future and that you will allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

My contact details are below, I would appreciate it if you could contact me at your own convenience to discuss this matter further.

Warm regards