We stayed at Asara for 2 nights. Arriving very late on the Friday, due to delayed flights, but we were warmly welcomed and the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The food and wine of course, was really good. The views are breathtaking. Very tranquil environment. The service at the Sansibar is very slow, and the waiters are not very attentative. Many guest would be left unattended for long periods of time, but overall its a great place to stay, eat and relax. They also offer in room spa faciities which is really convenient and relaxing. They dont advertise this on their website, which I think they should do. Would highly recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara is a 5-star hotel, set on a 180-hectare wine estate, in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The hotel offers warm hospitality, luxury accommodation, and the finest in food and wines - at highly competitive rates. A major feature of the hotel is its unique location on the Polkadraai Hills just outside of Stellenbosch, which affords stunning views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains, and creates a relaxed, get-away atmosphere. Asara is situated just 4kms from Stellenbosch and 25kms from Cape Town International Airport, making it ideal as a base from which to discover and explore the fabulous Cape Winelands, and further afield in the Western Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel