Ok, so here we are in the midst of Stellenbousch -could there be more places that are better in customer care, quality of food & wine, ambience of the place and exquisite staff than the 5* places you´ll find here? I wouldn´t think so. And in total our experience of this particular hotel, was indeed worthy of all the five stars that they´ve got.
We a family of four, two adults and two sons aged 2 years and 8 months, were given the most warm hearted and friendly welcome and given one of the best rooms they´ve got. Cleaning service perfect and so was the evening service. Perhaps this is the routine in all 5* hotels, but we found it a bit peculiar that the fridge wasn´t filled -absolutely not the biggest flaw a place could have -you simply fill out the form of what content you´d prefer and leave it at the reception and they will fill it for you.
The room was spacious and the bed king sized, large bathroom with a good sized bathtub and an equally good sized shower.
We had dinner at the Sanzibar two nights -wonderful food -though not fancy at all, simple and good. The third night we had a dinner without the kids and oh my. This is a chapter for it self. But instead of bringing the story here, I´d rather send an e-mail to the management and let them handle it as it should be done. The place dosen´t deserve such a feedback here on this public channel. The breakfast is gorgeous and absolutely lots and lots of wonderful healthy and "unhealthy" options -just like you want it to be :-) Probably the best breakfast table we´ve seen throughout our in total of 7 months of round the world travelling with kids. Even though the service in general was good, there are still a few "flaws" that a 5* hotel never should have. But again, better to take it directly with the management.
I wouldn´t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone -you really want to stay here and enjoy every bit of it while also having a go at tastings on other wineries in Stellenbousch. Love it and would definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asara is a 5-star hotel, set on a 180-hectare wine estate, in the heart of the Cape Winelands. The hotel offers warm hospitality, luxury accommodation, and the finest in food and wines - at highly competitive rates. A major feature of the hotel is its unique location on the Polkadraai Hills just outside of Stellenbosch, which affords stunning views of the surrounding vineyards and mountains, and creates a relaxed, get-away atmosphere. Asara is situated just 4kms from Stellenbosch and 25kms from Cape Town International Airport, making it ideal as a base from which to discover and explore the fabulous Cape Winelands, and further afield in the Western Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Asara Wine Estate & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asara Wine Estate And Hotel
- Asara Wine Estate Hotel Stellenbosch