“5* German hospitality, service and friendliness!”

WedgeView Country House & Spa
Ranked #16 of 115 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

What an excellent example of 5* German hospitality, service and friendliness! From the minute you arrive they take care of you. The rooms are sumptious and luxurious. Though it's literally around the corner from where I live, it feels like a million miles away once you're there. I could picture myself in some German village, mist rolling in over the vineyards and a gorgeous thunderstorm on the weekend of our visit. Spa treatments are lavish and exactly what the body ordered. The service and friendliness makes you feel special and important.

It's one of the highlights of my year (this is my 2nd visit)! I've travelled extensively and often go to spas, this is the ultimate combination.

An extra bonus is that it's very close to amenities - the Laborie farmers market on a Saturday in Stellenbosh, a romantic dinner at the beach in Strand or Somerset West and the numerous wine farms in the vicinity.

Don't take my word for it, try it!

PS: my ratings aren't overstated - I'm extremely full of nonsense :-)

Room Tip: It's difficult to choose a room - they each have their own special feature!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Wedge View. We arrived late for our Spa treatment and they were kind enough to arrange us another session.The rooms are spacious, clean homey :-)> we would definitely go back given an opportunity. Great service and food..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Having travelled already a lot, I have never experienced such a service and and true hospitality. One often refers to "walking the extra mile", but the staff at WedgeView is surely beyond that, they walk an extra marathon. I must congratulate the owner for being so hands on and every one at WedgeView. A sincere thank you for making our stay so unbelievable. Needles to say I can strongly recommend this accommodation when travelling in the surroundings of Stellenbosch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefaan V
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a warm and busy day in Cape Town, we arrived at Wedge View and what a view. One just felt the peace and tranquility engulf you. We were warmly welcomed by Richard and shown around the gardens and offered a very welcome drink, which we took out in the gardens over looking the mountains in the distance. What a way to start a holiday. We were then shown to our room and we really appreciated the comfort and attention to little details. Our family arrived soon after us and we all enjoyed being included in a very wonderful, friendly and tastey braai, served out on the patio. A wonderful end to a very special day. We spent 4 days at Wedge View and although our days were filled with seeing the sights of Cape Town, we so appreciated returning to a warmed room, beds turned down and a bed time treat. Thanks to all the staff at Wedge View for making this such a special visit and certainly a place I could return to.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Luxuary Garden suit which was very comfortable, but if wanting a view, the front ro...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed September 12, 2012

By far one of the most amazing stays we have had overseas at a B&B. Great staff, food, and wonderful grounds in the middle of the vineyards make this an authentic and amazing winelands experience. The staff was courteous and accomodating and eager to please. We enjoyed spa treatments which were great and relaxing. This was a great value and an amazing place to stay. Definitely stay longer than a night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

An events company arranged this for for my small team conference.I immediately did the usual before I entrust myself to an establishment - went in here for reviews and pretty much liked what I read. I was not to be let down last week.

The reception from Aneil was warm,the wine offered splendid,the fire roaring and our rooms spacious and the bedding comfort very welcome indeed.
My steak was one of the best I had ever had with my colleague's fish also great.
The underfloor heating for the carpet was great but the bathroom tiles could just not get warm in my room 11 for some reason & I always forgot to report this in the 2 days I was there.

The small conference facility also had a roaring firepace for us with a lounging area for breaks & a DVD player & TV with CD's laid out-amazing! And so we went right ahead & played ourselves some Ms Wawick during our tea breaks.

During my 2 hr spa treatment I caught myself snoring a few times-it was such utter bliss!

Things to note:
-The road from Polkadraai turns into gravel but quite "drivable".
-Pack your own electric blankie in Winter - I really would recommend that a small establishment like this get their own - the extra comfort at a small cost would add tremendous value
-Perhaps get the guests to choose their lunch options as they do dinner so there are no surprises

I am a fan all the way.

Room Tip: Loved my superior spacious room 11 with the best bathroom ever!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
DaveBakker, Owner at WedgeView Country House & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Lerato,
Thanks for your lovely and positivefeedback. We really appreciate it when guests share their experience at WedgeView.
I think you might have turned on the wrong underfloor heating switch for the bathroom, because there are actually two switches, but we'll make sure it's on next time!
We'll look into the lunch options idea for Conference lunches too, because we do also have a light lunch a la carte menu available for our guests.
We will also look into the electric blanket idea. It is though the first time that someone has actually mentioned this to us.

We hope to see you back soon at WedgeView, because we love to look after our fans!

Thanks and kind regards,

Dave

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Wedgeview twice and will not hesitate to stay there again when we return to Stellenbosch. Wedgeview is, comfort, luxury, clean, fantastic situation with views, a spa, a swimminmg pool and great service and food, Dave, a great job you are doing! Only 5 minutes out of Stellenbosch.....Hope to be back rather sooner than later! Michele & Alan Howard

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stellenbosch
2 mi away
Lovane Boutique Wine Estate and Guest House
Sugarbird Manor
Sugarbird Manor
#19 of 115 in Stellenbosch

Been to WedgeView Country House & Spa? Share your experiences!