“Unreliable”

Ranked #39 of 112 Stellenbosch B&B and Inns
Wellen, Belgium
“Unreliable”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were 6 persons and stayed for 3 nights : bedrooms ok, parking ok, breakfast ok. But the last day when we checked out, I forgot my medicinbag (with jewels in it). I called them and they said that they would look after it. The next morning I went back to catch my stuff and then all of a sudden there was nobody who could help me. The manager said that she checked personnaly every day the rooms of which people had left and she did not find my bag. So I was very disappointed because I knew I left my bag there; I will never ever stay there again, because they are not honest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 953bee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We spent the weekend in Stellenbosch to try wines and good food. We chose the 5 season for being both in the city but away from the restaurant/crowd mess (10 blocks away from the city center).Comfortable rooms with big bathrooms, private parking lot (free of charge) cumplimentary internet and EXCELLENT breakfast. Chef Rochélle prepared our omelets and croissant-sandwiches with loving care and attention to each guest requests.
Elegant and charming, this guest house is a home away from home. Simply perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Durban
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A truelly luxurious and comfortable stay. Thank you for your hospitality.
Lovely pool area. Safe and beautiful surrounds for an early morning run, at the foot of the mountains and past horse paddocks. Breakfast was good and staff very pleasant. Sherry, tea and coffee in the kitchenette and a lovely little private pation to read the paper and enjoy a cup of tea.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great Brak River, South Africa
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I read a few reviews on Tripadvisor about the place and I became interested. So when there was a chance to visit Stellenbosch I decided to stay there.

I was not disappointed. The place was ideal for my needs since I did not want to stay near where all the student activity is taking place. I was a student myself at Stellenbosch and I know what we were capable of at that time. The peacefulness of the neighbourhood thus suited me fine. The receptionist was professional and quickly showed us our room. The room was neat and had everything you need. It was close to the swimming pool but the weather was to cold to make use of it.

Breakfast was ready on time the next morning and was tastefully prepared. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at this fabulous guesthouse. We arrived late after a long drive and getting somewhat lost while trying to find the place. (Stellenbosch should invest in better street signs) The hostess brought us a tray and went out of her way to get us settled. The sherry in the room helped too. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank maxnmeme
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my second stay in the 5 Seasons in Stellenbosch - I stayed for 4 nights in November last year and two nights this week - both were business trips. The accommodation is luxurious and attention to detail is impressive. I was in a spacious upstairs room last time and in the gorgeous Honeymoon suite this time (alone, alas!) The house is quiet, being just outside of the main restaurant and hotel centre of Stellenbosch but still within walking distance (or very short drive) of all the coffee shops etc that make up this lovely Cape Dutch university town. There is a pool at the back surrounded by trees. This bed and breakfast is highly recommended on all counts but for me the stand out feature is the breakfast. From individual fruit salads and fresh breads and muffins through to interesting and different daily hot breakfasts, the food is all delicious.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SiouxMcK
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed two night in this guesthouse. Rooms are big and clean, the of our room bathroom is huge. At breakfast - which was served outside in the garden - you have a choice of two hot options (e.g. omelet) and a continental buffet breakfast. On arrival you get a key for the front gate (which opens automatically so you can coveniently open ist from inside your car), there is no recepionist at night. There also is a nice little pool. I would stay there again although guests have to be aware that it is not located in the center of Stellenbosch but a 5 minutes drive away in a quiet residential neighborhood. But you'll get a good night's sleep in return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends