“Nestled in the Homtini”
Review of Homtini Guest Farm

Homtini Guest Farm
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the couples luxury tented accommodation. The view from the wooden deck is amazing and tranquil. Homtini pass runs past the farm, so there is occasional vehicle noise, but nothing unbearable.

It is tented accommodation, so if it is windy at night, expect to be kept awake. The tent is very tidy and the bed was very comfortable. The self catering amenities were adequate. Out gas braai did not work, but fortunately we were provided with a gas skottel skaar.

It is close to Millwood Forest reserve and a short drive to Knysna. Great if you don't want to be in Knysna, but in close proximity to the attractions.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed two nights in the two safari tents. Extremely comfortable and everything one would want for self catering option. Our Dutch friends especially commented on the bed linen. The views wonderful. Early morning seeing the sun rise and the evenings spent watching the sunset sipping a glass of wine on the deck. The walks were also a good exercise!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm not sure that any other cabin accommodation can beat this! Neat, clean , well equipped, comfortable bed and spectacular views with total privacy. Great pool to cool off ..... Definitely would go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been visiting the Homtini Guest Farm with my wife since about 2003, almost 10 years. We always come up for the Knysna Oyster festival to part-take in the sports events.

This year was different as my wife was travelling in France. I went up to part-take in the Big5 and study. I rented a cottage that would normally be for 4 people, so I had plenty space.

I always find the farm welcoming and homely. Its a bit of a drive from Knysna, but the position overlooking the Homtini forests is exquisite!

This time I even extended my stay for an extra 2 days, which meant I stayed for a total of 12 days. The rates were affordable and service was brilliant.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I booked a couples tent for my wife and I as part of our honeymoon, we arrived later than planned , around 6pm but Jeremy the owner lives on site with his wife so that was not a problem. We got to the tent at sunset, the views were INCREDIBLE! The tent was fantastic, kitted with everything you need and more. We nipped to the supermarket in Knysna to get 2 days worth of food and drink as we didnt plan on eating anywhere but at Homtini, as the tents are equipped with gas BBQ's. A word of warning, these tents are located on the edge of the bush, you will see creepy crawlies every now and then - if you are not into that (as my wife wasn't!!!) then you may want to get a cottage, which are only a fraction more in cost.

Jeremy, once my wife discovered the creepies, was more than understanding and moved us into a cottage, which had just as spectacular views but included a TV and DVD player. Jeremy went above the call of duty helping us and was not even asking for anymore money as a result.

I could go on for hours about how great and chilled this place is - just go and stay there, its magic!!!!

Room Tip: If you are not a fan of bugs, then get a cottage - still stunning!!! If you can though, get a couple...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I spent a few days here. There were things to do on the farm- the forest walk and lots of tourist things around the area too. The info guide in the room, helped us a lot, because we kind of decided to go to Knysna last minute. The information given to us by the owners on where to go around the area for certain activities and which places are the best to get food at, were a great help.
We booked the secluded tent. It had great views and was truly a great place to stay.
It was so relaxing that you forget about everything else. We used the pool and sauna all the days we were there. I loved this place; the owners have really done a great job at making it a working farm and the way that they try and keep the place "green" is a big thumbs up in my book.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

There are various options to choose from for accommodation. We stayed in the Tented Lodges - Family Tents(of which there is only two). This was our kids first introduction to camping/roughing it, although you can hardly call this roughing it. The tents are well accommodated and does have a toilet, shower and basins. It also got a very good double bed, and a bunker bed for the kids. Each tent has it own utensils and a fridge and kettle. Each tent has its own 'braai' with enough wood supplied. There is an communal kitchen and a central fire place. The tents are so spaced though that you don't see you neighbor tent and that you do have your own privacy. The views from the tents are incredible. There are lots of options for the outdoor type to keep them busy for a week.

Only negative thing was the noise made by a close by community center at night. It did not go on to late though.

We already plan to come back with some of our friends and their kids and book out both the Family Tents.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rheenendal
Woodlands Self Catering Accommodation
#3 of 6 in Rheenendal
Nieu-Wherry Meadow
Nieu-Wherry Meadow
#1 of 2 in Rheenendal

Been to Homtini Guest Farm? Share your experiences!