“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dillon's KC BBQ

Dillon's KC BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dillon's KC BBQ has been a growing part of The Valley of The Sun for over 15 years- We take pride in the quality of our food and service and strive to be the best. Growing to four destination locations including: the original Peoria location, Arrowhead, Lake Pleasant(Scorpion Bay) and Litchfield Park(connected to the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium) as well as offering valley wide catering services.
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you like BBQ, check out Dillon's. They have a variety of cuisine that will appease almost anyone. The shark tank in the dining room is HUGE!

• Visited March 2014

Grant, Michigan
“Good choice.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate here again today. We had good food, good sized portions and the shark tanks make for some interesting scenery. Flamingos are also fun to watch for awhile. There is a lot going on at this restaurant. Lots of families with small children, so the crowd is diverse. We will be back, not sure when.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great BBQ: Excellent for Kids & Bar for Adults”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm at Luke Air Force Base often and was looking for a BBQ fix nearby. I saw Dillon's which looked great but I was hesitant because it is at a zoo. I didn't want to park and have to walk a long way to find the restaurant, plus I wasn't sure if I had to pay for the zoo to get to eat. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Dillon's KC BBQ is a stand-alone restaurant on the outside edge of the zoo. You can park in the lot and walk right in to eat (you can also enter the zoo from inside the restaurant with paid admission). The building looks new and the inside is immaculate.

Let me tell you, your kids will LOVE this place! There is a giant shark tank in the main dining room and lots of smaller tanks in the walls all around. I can image this place is crazy busy on the weekends with kids all over the place, but fear not, Dillon's has a huge bar area for adults to escape. I was greeted nicely on my way in but, unfortunately ignored on my way out (which is so irritating to me- take a second to say "thanks, come again"). The bar waitress was great and patient with my many questions and wanting to taste the different BBQ sauces. She kept my drink full and checked on me every so often. I got chips and jalapeño cheese dip for an appetizer- the chips were fresh, home-made and delicious. The generous portion of cheese dip was excellent. They also brought me more fresh chips to finish the dip which was nice.

I got the pulled BBQ pork sandwich with coleslaw as a side. They have 2 other pork sandwiches that come with coleslaw ON the sandwich and they cost 50 cents more. I asked if I could get slaw on the BBQ pork for 50 cents (plus the other side, like fries) and she nicely said no. I would have to buy another side for about $3. I would have even paid $1 extra for a little slaw on the sandwich. Not a huge deal, but maybe something they should consider as an option. Dillon's has 3 different BBQ sauces; I tasted the sweet-heat and the Cajun BBQ. The sweet-heat is the spiciest and was excellent. Very thick and dark, it had a little heat but nothing uncomfortable.

This is a great family restaurant and the kids will love it: a great selection of food (MUCH more than BBQ) in a unique environment. They have an outdoor dining area (w/ cooling mist and fans) with flamingos close enough to touch. I am a fan of Dillon's and will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Glendale, Arizona
“Great Barbaque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Have been here many times one of my favorite local places. They have really good BBQ there beans are so good. If available try the burnt ends so good. the portions are huge so come with a big appetite.

• Visited July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Dinner and a show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Inside restaurant there is a massive tank of sharks. Inside bar area there is a fish tank and an alligator tank. Outside in patio area there are pink flamingos right next to you. The food was very tasty! I had burnt ends and loved them. My husband had talapia with a white wine sauce. Both entrees we would order again. This place had great food with a one of a kind show. Service was good and the place looked clean. Generous portions with affordable prices. Is it an elegant restaurant ? Nope but its certainly entertaining and unique!!What else could you ask for in this price range???? Oh yes I left pictures for you to see.

1 Thank janiemygirl