“Blah” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dillon's KC BBQ

Dillon's KC BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dillon's KC BBQ has been a growing part of The Valley of The Sun for over 15 years- We take pride in the quality of our food and service and strive to be the best. Growing to four destination locations including: the original Peoria location, Arrowhead, Lake Pleasant(Scorpion Bay) and Litchfield Park(connected to the Wildlife World Zoo & Aquarium) as well as offering valley wide catering services.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Blah”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Dillon's at Wildlife World Zoo use to be a higher end restaurant with very good food. The highlight of Dillon's is they kept the shark tank. The food has no taste, which is something I would expect from a bar restaurant.

I ordered the half pulled pork sandwich with a cup of clam chowder. The chowder tasted more like chicken noodle soup and where were the clams? Obviously still in the aquarium. The sandwich was served on a half slice of lightly toasted, soggy white bread. I was expecting at least a small hamburger bun or something comparable to hold the pulled pork in, especially after pouring the so so bbq sauce on it. The pickle slice was yummy, my water was good. The Midori Sour was actually good.

My boyfriend ordered a bowl of the where's the clam chowder soup and poured half a container of salt in it to get some flavor. he also got a blue cheese hamburger that was so so. However, his Manhattan drink turned out good...as did his glass of water.

To end this, we decided to try a small order of chocolate brownie al a mode. Couldn't hardly find the brownie as it was hidden under a frozen scoop of tasteless vanilla ice cream and three bursts of whipped cream from the can.

I can say that our server was very nice and pleasant. However, don't waste your time eating here unless you are starving and need a place to eat.

• Visited January 2014

Peoria, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude Manager named Mike”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Today Jan1,2014 I wanted to take my grandchildren to Dillon's to have lunch. I couldn't find the place so I called and talked to several people that couldn't give me directions. Finally I talked to a man by the name Mike so said he was a district manager. He said I was yelling at him which I was not. He said he would tell me if I stopped yelling and he hung the phone up on me. I called back and I had him on speaker phone so my family could listen and I said do not hang up on me and I am reporting you, and you are loosing business he said go ahead I do not care and hung the phone up again. I will never again give Dillon's my business. This man should not be any kind of manager or employee. I was shocked and so was my family. What kind of people do you have working for you? I will let my friends and family know of my experience and I can honestly say you have and will continue to loose business when your employees talk to customers like the way Mike did.. Sandi Smith

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sandi S
Chandler, Arizona
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

The highlight of out trip was that we were seated right next to the shark-tank. Great views - did not imagine that we would see this scene in Arizona! The food complements the setting - good service and ambience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nchaplot
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“Great place to take visitors”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Small restaurant right on Lake Pleasant. Inside eating area is pretty small - not fancy - a little cramped. Outside bar area is nice. They have bands outside (check the schedule) which could be pretty loud due to the area being small. Bands are very good though. Nice motorcycle ride!

• Visited July 2013
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I was tempted into this place by the wonderful smell of BBQ after walking around the zoo all day, to be once agains dissapointed by Dillon's. They were out of the Brontosaurus ribs so I decided to go with the burnt ends. Turns out they were nothing more than cubed brisket. It was not bad (and not awesome), but don't sell that to me as burnt ends. Also the BBQ beans were crunchy & undercooked. The rolls are completely unspectacular and the texas toast is dry, tasteless and yellow (and not yellow with butter as it should be).

I've been to every Dillon's location except at Scorpion Bay and sometimes it's pretty good, but most times I'm dissapointed with something. For the money they charge, it should be spot on everytime. I think I'm going to have to stop giving them second chances.

I will say the ambience of this place is pretty cool... maybe just get a burger and beer if you go.

• Visited October 2013