“Good Food ~ Not your ordinary choices”
Review of Litchfield's

Litchfield's
Reserve with OpenTable
Litchfield's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Litchfield Road
Description: Despite its refreshingly casual atmosphere, Litchfield's more than earns its place of honor as our signature restaurant. Named after Paul W. Litchfield, then Goodyear Tire & Rubber Executive and founder of Litchfield Park, Litchfield's restaurant pays tribute to the local community - it supports the local community with a menu crafted from farm-to-table and locally sourced produce and ingredients.With its variety of settings, Litchfield's rises to your every occasion.
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We frequent this area, so we decided to eat here for a fancier date night. Food was outstanding ~ I have a tamale with great mango salsa and my hubby had the filet with gourmet mac and cheese and grilled asparagus. Everything was great and the menu is not typical.... It was a new twist on traditional food. Service was fabulous, drinks were incredible, and the atmosphere is inviting and quaint. Will return soon!

2  Thank Always_Traveling7644

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were celebrating my father's 90th birthday. The staff set up our table of 12 in a lovely private room where the large table easily accommodated all of us and with 4 on each side and 2 side-by-side at the ends, we could converse with everyone. The food was great, loved the steaks, chicken, fish - with 12, we tried it all and had no losers. We ordered a birthday cake which was fantastic. The white cake with fresh berries and a light whipped cream frosting was delicious and a perfect ending for our party.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Just found a new microbrew! 7 to 8 brews and I can't decide which I like best. There is a food menu, small like the place but big on flavor.

1  Thank esuida
Reviewed May 29, 2014

From the greeting of "Good evening, sir!" to free birthday dessert for one in our party at the end of the evening, this was a wonderful dining experience. Exceptional food offerings, exceptional staff--Litchfield's fits in extremely well as the showpiece of The Wigwam.

The facility itself is very well appointed and inviting, with the wood fired grill as the focal point. i always enjoy being able to see food prepared by talented chefs, and the show here was very reassuring. Waitstaff knowledge of the menu includes tasting of new items just prior to the first seating of the night.

There were 6 of us for dinner and we ran the gamut--2 trout, 1 tamale, 1 pasta, 1 pork chop (waitress recommended) and then, my idea of fine dining--a tour of the exciting offerings off the menu.

We started with the meat and cheese appetizer (charcuterie) that had a variety of meats from Italy, a variety of cheeses from across America, and pickled vegetables. This was a surprisingly large board with enough for all 6 to sample and enjoy. Would have this again. And again. Next up was the most intriguing combination of the evening for me--a deep fried croissant with orange glaze and foi gras. This is a combination i would never have imagined placing together, and i have to admit it was like having an appetizer and dessert simultaneously, and paired extremely well. It was a culinary experience i am grateful to have enjoyed.

Next up was the beet salad. After having shared some of my wife's house salad a bit earlier, i found the beet salad to be a distant second. While it had two kinds of beets, the beet flavor was diminished by the overpowering greens (spinach?) that seemed to be the majority of this dish. Yes to the house salad.

So, after two appetizers and a salad, my final two choices for the evening were the dungeness crab risotto and smoked gouda mac and cheese, which they list as sides. Both servings were surprisingly generous for sides--others at the table were able to taste and i still had more than enough left.

The risotto was very rich, creamy and flavorful. Plenty of crab flavor from first to last bite. A very good side. Highly recommend this dish. The showstopper, however, was the mac and cheese. Big elbows perfectly cooked. The smoked gouda cheese was outstanding in flavor and plentiful in quantity. Very tempted to lick the bowl clean, but very inappropriate in this setting. Damn!

Oddly, the only item we had an issue with was the pork chop. It had been recommended prepared medium rare, but the diner asked for it to be cooked well done. It was so tough that the serrated knife provided did not cut it adequately. It was sent back and the party member just shared food from others' plates. Not an issue having the charge removed, and both our server and the manager came over and offered to have anything else on the menu prepared and served to make up for the toughness of the chop. Can't ask for anything more.

At the end of the meal, we simply had glazed eyes when our server asked if we wanted to have dessert. She described what was available that evening and we all responded we were too full for dessert. However, she insisted on bringing something for the birthday girl (at leas)t and brought creme brule and spoons for everyone. Exceptionally delicious!

Great food. Great service. This was a great dining experience. Bravo!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We loved the beet salad, macaroni and cheese and my husband loved the pork belly. I am a vegetarian so I tried the tamale...it was not my cup of tea. No problem, I loved the rest...my husband loved the warm, fresh sourdough bread. Cocktails were great too.

1  Thank gingie2014