“Amazing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was the highlight of my trip to Phoenix. Touching stingrays, getting licked by giraffe, seeing so many animals up close and personal... this is a well run, maintained and expanding facility. The entry fee seemed high when we arrived, but I would have paid double for the experience upon leaving- it was worth it. We went on a Monday- never ran into too many people, were able to take our time and enjoy each exhibit. Amazing!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Elise S

Queen Creek, Arizona
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hubby and I went as we had a coupon for buy one get one. If we had paid full price I would have been upset because it wasn't all that good. The inside exhibits were fine but the outside ones were not. The lions and tigers etc were in big wire fenced confines that were over grown with foliage and hard to see thru.
Might be ok for kids because they could run around, but for adults it was pretty dusty and mostly just a lot birds and fish.

2 Thank diamonddor
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Loved the animals; hated the lack of supervision”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

As an animal lover, I absolutely LOVED the fact we could get so close to the animals and even touch them (giraffes, llamas and tiny deer for example). But I also hated this very fact; NO supervision around the animals, and people with mean or just plain ignorant streaks could easily take advantage of this. Some moron was feeding popcorn to the swans and no one was there to stop him. People who weren't supervising their kids allowed them to get way too close to the crocs, etc., and I can see a potential lawsuit on this zoo's hands if they don't change their practices. For what they charge, they can afford to hire some guides and supervise their animals as much as they do their silly 'rides'. I love how much space each animal has and getting close to them is awesome, but it's a very double-edged sword. I really hope they change their ways here.

1 Thank Rachelle D
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Up Close and Personal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is one of the best experiences that I've had at a zoo. The zoo itself is pretty outdated, but taking into account that it is privately owned, I was able to forgive. You can get so close to the animals that nothing else really matters. I am able to say that I was less than 2 feet from a crocodile, know what a giraffe tongue feels like and was close enough to a monkey to shake his hand (if I didn't know better). Its spacious enough that at some times, we felt like we were the only ones in the park. The aquarium section is much newer and all indoors. Overall, they have some of the most unique collection of species that I have seen. I probably would not have gone if I did not have discounted tickets. The admission price is a little high for what you get.

Phoenix, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Tickets are overpriced... Less attractive spots. Low maintenance. No guidance. Hate it. Unless you have nothing to do and you are totally bored; then take this option.

1 Thank srinishines