“Up close and personal”

Wildlife World Zoo and Aquarium
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This zoo is an excellent way to get very close to the actual wildlife on display. Its a private, smaller facility than the major zoos around the country i.e. The San Diego Zoo or The Phoenix Zoo. The habitats are smaller but most seem to be reasonable for the animals. The fencing between people and animals is sturdy and safe I believe. This was my 3rd time there and I enjoyed
it very much again! Take quarters if you want to feed the giraffes ( I Highly recommend it!) Also the petting zoo is a blast! The aquarium is very nice and has many interesting fish. Love the reptiles and the baby nursery! It really is a wonderful experience !

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wide variety of wildlife to enjoy and learn about. The grounds are easy to walk around and have a very pleasant atmosphere.

1  Thank Pat p
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It has probably been ten years since I have been out to the World WildLife Zoofollow and wow how it’s grown!! I first noticed as we were parking they have a Dillion’s BBQ right next door, which I later realized you can access from inside the park!! Smart, better to pay $10 for some ribs than a hot dog! Ok, I may be exaggerating a bit but, we all know any park is expensive to eat, so the restaurant was a huge plus and it smelled delicious. As we walked in the entrance I almost missed the little parrots, my son didn’t, he was snapping pictures as we went. We got our little photo opp in right at the entrance. Here is part of the Log Plume Ride, yes there are rides!! This is the only one we skipped, it was a little chilly that day and it was pretty certain we would have gotten wet. Although as we walked through exhibits I was kinda bummed because the ride takes you through parts of the exhibit where you get close up to alligators and you go through tunnels of salt water tanks, so cool!! They even had touch tanks!! It brought me back to when I was a kid and we took a school trip to the Oregon coast and got to touch different creatures, fun. Even Rays and yes you can pet them too. You can even buy food and feed them! They have every fish imaginable, sharks, Huge turtles, eels many different things to look at in the aquariums, even penguins. They have a Tortoise enclosure you can go into, these guys are huge. And of course a petting zoo. We then boarded the train reminiscent of Jurassic Park where he we driven beyond the fences right in with the animals for a very close encounter. The Ostriches were my main concern although they didn’t seem concerned with the train full of people so, I guess we were safe. These giraffes are well fed! For a quarter you can get a handful of pellets to feed these giraffes from up on top of the feeding platform, they’re always looking for a handout! The Sky Ride was my daughter’s favorite ride, she would have stayed on it all day. It’s great it goes from one end of the park to the other and you get to see just about everything from up high! Just make sure you don’t wear flip flops, we saw many lost shoes as we looked down. Yes, they have tigers and lions and rhinos, but the little monkeys are adorable! I just wanna take them home with me. Earlier when we walked by the leopards inclosure they were pacing and making a racket, when we got to the nursery guess who we saw? Awwwwww a baby leopard. So cuddly. The big leopard was black so maybe a relation. This park is huge with so much to look at, I can’t even begin to tell you everything. I saw signs up all over about expansions and new exhibits. The only thing that makes this a 4 instead of a 5 is the pricing on the rides...a little steep, but it is a park.

1  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have always wanted to visit here. We took our 2 grandkids there and the experience was very positive. It is a wonderful zoo and aquarium. I felt like the price of admission should have included at least the train ride, or the skyride. Prices were steep all the way around. Check for coupons before you go since there is one that has a free child admission with an adult. However if you have 2 adults and 2 children you must have TWO coupons!

I probably won't go back there again because of the distance but it was worth it for the first time.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

On Tuesday March 12th my wife and I took our son and 4 year old granddaughter to the zoo. The granddaughter had a great time. The adults felt the visit was just ok. For the four of us we paid $97.

The overall exhibits were fine -- the animals appeared to be in their native habitat. A personal highlight was the tiger exhibit where they came up to the fence just 5-7 ft away.

As an aside I thought the extras they charged were pricey. $2 - $6 for a ride and $2 for a soft drink (can) seemed high to me.

This zoo is a nice attraction but I thought the prices were a little too high for this attraction.

2  Thank Scott L