“Sushi near the Wigwam”
Review of Blu Sushi

Blu Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Phoenix
“Sushi near the Wigwam”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Right across the street from Wigwam. No driving necessary. Couldn't understand why it was so empty. The food was good and was reasonably priced.

Visited May 2012
5 Thank David G

Phoenix, AZ
“Just Average Food, Below Average Service.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I were having a mini staycation @ the Wigwam and the maintenance man suggested Blu for we had a few cocktails at the pool earlier in the day and didn't want to drive.

I try to start every review with 5 stars, this is why Blu only received 3.

We arrived at about 6:30 on a Saturday evening to find only 3 other diners. We were greeted by the hostess who was pleasant and she actually ended up being our waitress. I guess when you only have a hand full of people dining you don't need much wait staff!

We ordered right away. Az Diamondback roll and a Philadelphia roll. Our drinks arrived very quickly but our food, it took forever. It literally took 30 minutes. While waiting we could listen to the reggae music playing loudly in the background, which we found kind of odd. Reggae in a Japanese restaurant! Waiting so long in an empty restaurant for very common rolls, minus 1 star.

When our food arrived it was presented nicely, but the Diamondback roll was imitation crab..seriously why doesn't it say you aren't getting real crab on the menu? I could have stopped at my local Fry's Marketplace and gotten 12 pieces for $5.95 and not had to wait! Minus 1 star.

The Philadelphia roll on the other hand was excellent. The salmon was fresh and flavorful. My only complaint was it had a little too much cream cheese.

Getting the check took just as long as getting our food. My husband finally had to walk over the person who was now standing at the hostess station and ask for our check..I was going to subtract another star but our dining experience was better than 2 stars.

The restaurant and restrooms were clean and everyone was nice so 3 stars it is.

Would I go back...probably not. For the price of our meal I expected a whole lot more from Blu..might explain why the place was still dead at 8:00 when we left.

• Visited September 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Meh....”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

If you want good sushi that is consistently good everytime... don't go to Blu.
The rolls are small, and WAY overpriced. Service is less than average.
If you want good sushi that is cosistently goof everytime....go to Tomo down the street! Best sushi on the westside.

Visited April 2011
Litchfield Park
“Terrible”
Reviewed April 14, 2011

The ownership must have changed this place went downhill on so many levels forget it

“Slow and cold”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Food was good, but overpriced and cold. Short staffed and unfriendly. Took two hours, never got drinks refilled, had to get our own utensils and clear our own plates. Skip it!!