This was my 5th time visiting this property for business, and I am determined to make it back to the Wigwam for a relaxing vacation.
The Wigwam is set off about 30 minutes west from the Phoenix airport, which to some people is really out of the way. But it's really worth the drive. The rooms are mostly casita style with a full bathroom and beautiful bedroom that leads directly into a seating area. They do have suites/upgrades that are set out from the "regular" rooms in 2-story buildings. I have stayed in both types of rooms, and as much as I do love getting the upgrades, I do really like the feel of the casita rooms. Maybe it's my preference for not being on top of or below someone else's room.
The property itself is huge, and makes it easy to get a little turned around, especially at night. But that's where the bell service comes in. They can drive you in a golf cart to your room and you're set. Otherwise, strolling around the property is a must. You feel like you're in your own little community. And you stumble upon the Red Door Spa and the golf course among your stroll.
The Red Door Spa at the Wigwam... AMAZING! I've been to many spas, and even to other Red Door Spas, but this one takes the cake. The people who work there are always more than pleasant. They're friendly, and helpful, and they love what they do AND they're good at it. Really good. That, in itself, goes a long way when going to any spa.
Every time I visit, I am overwhelmed with kindness from the check-in staff, to the bell service, to bar staff, to the event planning staff...
I would recommend this hotel on the staff alone. These people are truly wonderful hosts. And most of the staff has been on property for a very long time, so you don't get that feel of people who are waiting until the next big thing comes along. It's feels sort of like coming home every time I'm there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beloved by generations, this Arizona landmark, Historic Hotel of America and AAA 4 Diamond property couples historic charm with a truly modern sense of adventure. Relax in the elegant comfort of 331 casitas and suites, but be sure to carve out time for our legendary golf, superb spa, four pools - including a new 25-foot tower with twisting water slides -distinctive cuisine and innovative, Arizona-inspired programming. The Wigwam is the ideal choice for both locals and guests who seek exceptional accommodations, amenities, activities and service that are enriched by the genuine flavors and real character of Arizona’s past and present. Rich with over 80 years of tradition, The Wigwam inspires locals and guests to “Make Some History” by creating memorable stories and cherished new traditions of their very own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Wigwam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wigwam Golf Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa
- The Wigwam Hotel
- Wigwam Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Arizona/Litchfield Park