“The Wigwam never fails to impress”
Review of The Wigwam

The Wigwam
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 14, 2011

This was my 5th time visiting this property for business, and I am determined to make it back to the Wigwam for a relaxing vacation.
The Wigwam is set off about 30 minutes west from the Phoenix airport, which to some people is really out of the way. But it's really worth the drive. The rooms are mostly casita style with a full bathroom and beautiful bedroom that leads directly into a seating area. They do have suites/upgrades that are set out from the "regular" rooms in 2-story buildings. I have stayed in both types of rooms, and as much as I do love getting the upgrades, I do really like the feel of the casita rooms. Maybe it's my preference for not being on top of or below someone else's room.
The property itself is huge, and makes it easy to get a little turned around, especially at night. But that's where the bell service comes in. They can drive you in a golf cart to your room and you're set. Otherwise, strolling around the property is a must. You feel like you're in your own little community. And you stumble upon the Red Door Spa and the golf course among your stroll.
The Red Door Spa at the Wigwam... AMAZING! I've been to many spas, and even to other Red Door Spas, but this one takes the cake. The people who work there are always more than pleasant. They're friendly, and helpful, and they love what they do AND they're good at it. Really good. That, in itself, goes a long way when going to any spa.
Every time I visit, I am overwhelmed with kindness from the check-in staff, to the bell service, to bar staff, to the event planning staff...

I would recommend this hotel on the staff alone. These people are truly wonderful hosts. And most of the staff has been on property for a very long time, so you don't get that feel of people who are waiting until the next big thing comes along. It's feels sort of like coming home every time I'm there.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed February 10, 2011

My mom and I flew out to AZ from NJ to visit my sister and her four-year-old who moved in June 2010. It was my first trip to AZ. My mom and step-dad stayed at the Windmill Inn in Sun City when they visited in August, and had a nice time, enjoyed their room, and thought the Inn was a good value. For this "girl's trip", she decided to surprise me and my niece with some place nicer. Check-in was a bit of a disaster, but it was our fault; we had arrived late and declined valet parking and a golf cart ride to our room. We got very lost driving around in the dark. The place is big and the roads are hard to navigate in the dark. I would recommend using the valet service even during the day. The room was very nice. We liked the set-up a lot. We had a double-queen (super comfy beds!). The closet, sinks, an bathroom were all separate and those three rooms coukld be closed of from the main room. It was great to be able to get up early without waking the four-year-old and mom and I could both get dressed without trouble. The room was very clean, though there were a few maintenance issues (a faulty door lock on the sliding door, cabinet hinge that didn't work properly). We enjoyed having the patio as additional space. The place was landscaped well and had a number of areas of interest for a young person: grassy area to play, paths to walk, a few play areas, a pool. we woud definately return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We arrived shortly after new pool opened and new landscaping had just been put it. I would like to go back in April when I am sure it wil look even better. The food was great! Fresh, unique, prepared well with organic local ingredients. The staff was more than willing to accommodate any special requests. the people working at the Wigwam truly make you feel wanted; a very comfortable resort. Great decor in the restaurant and sitting areas.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I had a wonderful stay. Chelsea at the front desk was warm and inviting. Elmer was a great bellman.The renovation was fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2011

The Wigwam is a secluded resort that is convenient to many locations in Maricopa County. Breakfast and lunch by the golf course is very pleasant. The pools have been renovated and service is great. Dinner at Litchfields was exceptional.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

My company put on a National Sales Meeting at the Wigwam and everything came off perfectly. Resort properties are similar in many ways but what makes Wigwam excel is the quality of their staff. They truly go above and beyond in every detail and as the person responsible for logistics for the meeting, I could not have been more pleased. Highly recommend this property for business meetings and I would certainly return for a personal holiday myself.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I was misled by reservations, a "multi-million" dollar" renovation is taking place. Fine, I asked for a room that had been redone. "No problem, will put that in the notes" On arrival informed the renovation involved the lobby, restaurants, pools. Nothing to be done with the rooms. We had stayed in those rooms 3 years ago and I was VERY explicit that I did not want to stay in that environment again, ever. We also requested two casitas adjoining. First try we were 5 buildings apart, second try 3 rooms apart. Third night, adjoining casitas .
The Motel 6 is what I can imagine the rooms would be similar to, although that most likely is not doing justice to Motel 6. Sprinklers on high blast aiming directly onto sidewalks, no parking for guests, food at the one restaurant inedible. The only renovation I witnessed was some geraniums being planted at the entrance and some new wax on lobby floor. I smell a financial SCAM. I am serious, if you are asked to invest, just say NO.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
Comfort Suites Goodyear
Comfort Suites Goodyear
#2 of 9 in Goodyear

Been to The Wigwam? Share your experiences!