1,468 results
All reviews oasis pool red door spa golf course wig wam bocce ball historic resort bar and grill water slides beautiful grounds ping pong great resort phoenix area main pool walk in closet resort fee bell staff business meeting
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at the Wigwam for a business trip. The grounds were very pretty. The pool looked great and had a water slide. The gym was pretty good, and the staff members were very friendly. For women traveling alone, however, it was a little disconcerting to stay in a room on the ground floor with two doors that open to the outside. You could hear cars in the parking lot at night. If the resort was gated, it might feel a little more secure.

I heard that some of the rooms have been renovated. I don't think mine had been, but it was OK on the inside.

While traveling on business, Wifi is critical, and the service when I stayed was extremely slow and spotty in the conference rooms and in the hotel room.

The conference food was pretty good, as was the on-site restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at The Wigwam. While we are delighted to learn that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed several of the amenities we offer, it was disappointing to read your review and learn that some aspects of your visit did not meet your expectations. Since it is our hope to accommodate the needs of all of our guests, we deeply regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced with our Internet services. We hope that one day we will have the chance to welcome you back and provide you with an experience that exceeds all your expectations.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room was fabulous, service outstanding, and love the prickly pear margarita. Red's was had the best calamari I have even eaten. The waitress was wonderful. The first day I was there with my very pregnant daughter. Several days later, I returned and she remembered me and asked about my daughter who since had given birth. She sent a "little something" as an extra for her. I only wish I could remember her name. It was that extra that make me go to Red's every time I visit Phoenix

Room Tip: Patio near the adult pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of the service you received at The Wigwam and the gracious praise you have shared for your server at Red's Bar & Grill. Our staff is committed to ensuring that our guests’ time at the hotel is memorable and that every guest feels welcomed. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful visit and hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went back for our second stay and the hotel is fantastic. Great service, ordered breakfast in our room and it was there in 20 minutes and was excellent. Very beautiful property, they have added a water slide which our kids loved. We had a guest that had mobility issues and they had a golf cart ready for assistance with transportation whenever we needed it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

It was such a pleasure to welcome you back! Thank you very much for your comments. We are thrilled that you once again enjoyed the service, amenities and accommodations provided at The Wigwam. We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Attended a conference here. Staff was extremely friendly. Notwithstanding my fears that the resort was spread out and would take a long walk to the conference facilities, the walk around the resort was not that bad. The room interiors were much nicer than one might imagine from the exterior bungalow look. Rooms had nice lighting and beds, equipped with refrigerators, and a long bathroom counter with 2 sinks and glass door showers. There are a lot of nice restaurants if you have a car and want to adventure off the property. I did not have a chance to enjoy the resort amenities, such as the pool or exercise room, what I saw looked quite first class. Yes, there is a resort fee, which was reduced for conferees, but who doesn't nowadays? My one nit is that the Wi-Fi which is part of the resort fee seemed difficult to connect to and slow, so I used my own portable WI-FI most of the time.

Room Tip: I might ask for a bungalow closer to the front desk.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that while staying with us for the conference you appreciated that level of service you encountered from our associates as well as your accommodations. We would however like to extend our apologies for any difficulties you may have experience with our Internet Services and hope that any inconvenience was minimal. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to The Wigwam.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is a wonderful resort, great pools outstanding golf, spa and gym. Staff is excellent and very friendly. Very helpful. Need a car but enough to do for a weekend. The restaurants and bars are reasonably priced, around $50 for wine and dinner for 2.
Ideal for a couple or families.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JelmeisterCanada

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review for The Wigwam. It is always great to hear from our guests and to learn about their experience with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the many wonderful amenities we offer such as our multiple pools and golf courses. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.