1,455 results
All reviewsoasis poolred door spagolf coursewig wambocce ballhistoric resortbar and grillwater slidesbeautiful groundsping ponggreat resortphoenix areamain poolwalk in closetresort feebell staffbusiness meeting
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The a Wigwam has always been a favorite of locals and the renovations done after Jerry Colangelo bought it has only increased its beauty and charm. It is truly fashioned after an old style adobe home with its wood floors,adobe fireplaces,Navajo rugs and artifacts. The indoor and outdoor fire pits at night just add to the splendor.
The bar is always hopping but I had the opportunity to done at Litchfields this weekend and adored it.
It is not inexpensive ..yet many families dining . The menu was definitely southwest with butternut squash soup,cartelized pork chops and risotto, amazing grouper and seabass. Everything we had was delicious and presented beautifully. It was very busy....But service was still good. I would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. Creme brûlée to die for!

Room Tip: Casitas closets adult pools are lovely!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. It means the world to us to hear about your appreciation for our resort’s aesthetics and charm. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed dining at Litchfield's; the Pan Roasted Sea Bass is one of our favorite dishes too. Please visit us again soon at The Wigwam, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The reason for staying at this hotel was that it was the site for an association meeting. When the reservations were made via our company travel agency I was informed that the hotel had already charged for the AMEX corporate card for a one night stay. This was about 1-1/2 months before the meeting. I have account alerts as part of my AMEX card. Immediately upon arriving they charged by card for the full amount. Additionally, two days later they charged $300 more against the card and a few days later another $150. When I inquired about this they told me that these were just for security reasons and that they were really not charges, and that they would be removed. The morning that I was to depart I got an e-mail from the hotel with an attachment. On the attachment were 3 additional charges, one for the bar and 2 for one of their restaurants on the property, none of which I had used. When checking out they had to go through literally hundreds of charges and finally I was told that they had transposed the room numbers,very sloppy accounting. In well over a decade of staying at resorts and hotels all over the US, this is the first hotel that felt it necessary to pre-charge a corporate card in excess of the stay. I guess they feel that everyone that stays there will rip them off.

The rooms are large and were clean versus some of the other reviews. The bathroom was very dated with pink tiles that dated back to the 1950's. Some of the tile work looked like this was the first attempt from an amateur worker. The wireless internet in the room is worthless. I attempted to do some work one day and attempting to access any website is fruitless. At one point I waited for over 5 minutes to access a site with no success.

Besides the front desk, the staff were generally very courteous. The lunches were nothing to brag about and getting anything besides water was a real challenge. For over 200 people at lunch they had about a dozen glasses of tea available to hand out. Getting a cup of coffee was about the same. At one luncheon they finally served about 20+ people lunch about 1 hour into the event only after someone got up and informed the staff that these lunches were never delivered. It appears that the sandwiches were made the night before and left out so the bread was crusty from being left out for so long.

The dinners were generally a lot better served buffet style. The bartenders were friendly and didn't skimp on mixed drinks or wine.

All in all the resort is average, but they do treat their guest like crooks, who are out to rip them off.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ralph G
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We are disheartened to know that our facilities fell short of your expectations yet we are grateful for your feedback. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the billing errors you encountered; we thank you for bringing them to our attention and allowing us to make the corrections. It was disappointing to read your review and learn about the many challenges you encountered during your stay. We will be sharing your review with our entire team and refreshing our commitment to provide guests with an exceptional experience. Once again, we would like to offer our apologies and we hope that one day we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience a stay that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I went to Litchfield to visit friends and wanted to stay close by so it would be easy to get together. The room was very large,clean and had great comfortable beds. The bathroom was also large with plenty of room for two people to move around. The resort is extremely well kept with beautiful lawns and landscaping.The pool size was average but the spa was large and the deck snack/bar area were great. The resort is spread out over many acres and it was fun just to walk around but if you didnt want to walk they offer free golf cart assistance. The staff was great and very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much your family enjoyed their time at The Wigwam. We’re glad your trip to the area to visit with friends included a stay at our resort and that our accommodations, property, amenities, and friendly demeanor of our staff were appreciated. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed here recently on a family trip. The rooms aren't anything crazy or amazing, just very adequate. But clean, very large. Very spacious. I had an adjoining setup for my family and it was super roomy. I'm guessing I was in one of the newer outbuildings. Possibly the older/vintage Wigwam villas might be more charming. I love the history of this place, and the vibe. It's got an amazing and historic main reception area/building. Overall a very favorable stop for us. Kids had a blast at the pool and playing bocce. Very cool.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing The Wigwam. We are delighted that your family enjoyed your stay and that the kids especially like spending time in the pool and playing bocce. Our resort is filled with history and we are honored to know that you appreciated the classic charm and vibe that we offer. Please come back soon and visit us again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I loved this place..extremely friendly staff. Clean and comfortable. The bar and the menus are great. Very peaceful and serene. I would always go there when I'm visiting Phoenix. A huge golf course. It is on the west side of Phoenix so driving could be an issue but it is that way in Phoenix where ever you stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diner1964
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

We’re thankful that you have shared your appreciation for our facilities, our amenities, and our staff. It brings us great pleasure to find out just how much you enjoyed your time at The Wigwam and that you plan to stay with us again. Thank you for your very kind review; we hope to welcome you back soon.