Wow, talk about a let down. The hotel grounds and main buildings are beautiful! The rooms for the price NEED A LOT OF HELP. To the people who love this place, I say yes if you show up there with a car full of kids and you are stuffing everyone into a room, bungalow or suite and you don't care that the rooms were possibly re decorated 10 - 15 years ago because you can't wait to get in the pool or out to play golf, then GO FOR IT. However, if you feel that for between $200.00 and $300.00 dollars a night for a bungalow room on a fairway, you should be able to get a room that is nicely decorated, smells fresh, doesn't have mold, mildew and deteriorated bathroom walls, has some colorful wall hangings, maybe some up to date bathroom fixtures, then you better book a room somewhere else!
I read a lot of reviews about this place and can't believe how many people rave about it. I really must be nuts or blind! The front desk person was nonchalant and dull upon check in, which was on Valentine's Day evening, the Wig Wam charges you a $20.00 resort fee that really doesn't cover much of anything that another property wouldn't give you for free. Oh, I forgot, it does cover a FREE BOTTLE OF DRINKING WATER AT CHECK OUT however if you open one of the two bottles in your room, THAT IS A $5.00 FEE PER BOTTLE. I could go on about how let down we were but I'll just bite the bullet, eat the hefty room charge and added resort fee and get the Wig Wam back the old fashioned way, by telling my friends NOT to spend their money there and for us, not returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beloved by generations, this Arizona landmark, Historic Hotel of America and AAA 4 Diamond property couples historic charm with a truly modern sense of adventure. Relax in the elegant comfort of 331 casitas and suites, but be sure to carve out time for our legendary golf, superb spa, four pools - including a new 25-foot tower with twisting water slides -distinctive cuisine and innovative, Arizona-inspired programming. The Wigwam is the ideal choice for both locals and guests who seek exceptional accommodations, amenities, activities and service that are enriched by the genuine flavors and real character of Arizona’s past and present. Rich with over 80 years of tradition, The Wigwam inspires locals and guests to “Make Some History” by creating memorable stories and cherished new traditions of their very own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Wigwam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa
- The Wigwam Golf Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Hotel
- Wigwam Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Arizona/Litchfield Park