The Wigwam
$110
Residence Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Goodyear(Goodyear)(Great Value!)
$134
$109
Hotels.com
$139
$104
$134
$127
Quality Inn & Suites Goodyear(Goodyear)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
TownePlace Suites Phoenix Goodyear(Goodyear)(Great Value!)
$124
$67
Best Western Phoenix Goodyear Inn(Goodyear)(Great Value!)
$71
Comfort Suites Goodyear(Goodyear)(Great Value!)
$108
$121
1,394 results
All reviewsoasis poolred door spagolf coursewig wambocce ballhistoric resortbar and grillwater slidesping pongbeautiful groundsphoenix areamain poolresort feegreat resortwalk in closetin great shapebell staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is the third year we have gone to Wigwam for a golf trip. Each year the trip has gotten better. The resort is a beautiful and historic property. The golf courses are very well kept and are friendly to golfers of all skill levels. The most impressive asset of Wigwam are the staff who serve you. Every staff member, from the reception, to ground keepers, to restaurant staff, etc. are extremely helpful and friendly. It is clear that they want the guests to have a very positive experience. They succeeded with us. This is the best resort at which we have stayed over ten years go golf trips to both Arizona and Florida.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean and modern.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

It was delightful to hear that you enjoyed the comfort, the service and the personal attention provided at The Wigwam. Our staff is committed to ensuring that our guests’ time at the hotel is memorable and we thrilled that we were able to succeed in our goals. Your gracious praise and compliments are all very much appreciated, thank you. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went for an informal lunch with a friend and was impressed to find an oasis in the desert. A private resort tucked away out of sight with beautifully kept gardens. Food was excellent matched by the setting. Suitable for the whole family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank quintlowe

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We’re elated that your dining experience was so wonderful. Your compliments for our resort grounds and cuisine are greatly appreciated. We hope that you will visit us again at The Wigwam.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I lived in Phoenix, AZ for two years, and in fact, really lived in Litchfield Park, pretty much right across the street from the Wigwam. I never stayed there while I lived there. However, I had to go back to the area for work and the Wigwam was running a pretty good special so I stayed here for about 7 days. Some days by myself, some days with my fiancé.

Since I lived here for two years and drove by all the time, I wanted the place to be great and wanted to love it, but I did not. The easiest way to say it is the place is not nearly as nice on the inside as it is on the outside. That is the guest rooms anyway. The grounds are of course outstanding, immaculate actually, and the pool area is recently upgraded and very nice, and the main building are historic and interesting.

However, I was very disappointed in the guest rooms. The only compliment I can give them is they are larger than a typical hotel room. Beyond that, they probably have not been updated since the 70s, maybe longer. Very, very dated. I would not rate it about a 3 star hotel and sadly even that is pushing it. Also, for the size of this resort, which also functions as a country club for the locals, the gym was abysmal. Not the worst I have seen but not even close to the best and for a resort of this size I expected better.

Location wise, I assume if you are staying here from out of town you are doing so to play gold and thus, you'll be fine. But if you want to do/see anything else, you are a ways off. The closest area is the Glendale Stadium area, which is about 15 minutes...any easy drive. Downtown is 30 minutes plus and if there is traffic than upwards of an hour. Scottsdale is probably an hour as well. There are a lot of great food options nearby. My fiance and I ate at the main, fancy restaurant once and it was good enough. Beyond the food offered by the Wigwam, there a couple options at the end of the street, and after that you are looking at chain food restaurants in the Goodyear area.

If you do stay hear, and are looking for food options, go to ground control, just up the street. It is mostly just bar food but pretty good bar food and they have gelato as well. But be prepared to wait though as they are in no hurry (it is a bar/coffee house).

I really am not happy to hate on the Wigwam but it honestly is a run down, old place that does not command or justify more than $100.00 a night. The grounds and pool area are outstanding but the rooms themselves are a huge disappointment. Sorry Wigwam, you need to spend some of the money on the inside too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeffrey D
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

It’s disappointing that although you’ve shared an appreciation for our resort’s grounds and pool, we were not able to fully impress you during your stay. We truly regret that your accommodations did not live up to your expectations but we are grateful for your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, we hope that one day you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Came to the Wigwam for a scientific retreat and the place is just perfect for that. The conference center is well organized for meetings and the resort adds a little special to the meeting. I liked the ambiance, jazz playing in the grounds, and fantastic oasis pool. The atmosphere was particularly conducive to networking.

The best thing about the Wigwam is the customer service, which is better than I have experienced in a very long while. Everyone was attentive, gave attention to detail and went the extra mile. When I asked to stay for 3.5 hours past check out time, no problem. Everyone was friendly and gave the impression they genuinely wanted to help. The maid cleaned the room spotless and with attention to detail, I had a cold and took the tissue box near my bed, rather than take it back to the bathroom, I received a second box. The food servers were friendly and attentive to special request. This is of course what one expects at a good hotel but rarely gets it.

I stayed in the oasis area, which was newly renovated. The room was huge, comfortable, great bed and quiet. The room overlooks the Oasis pool, which is fantastic. Large, heated to a perfect temperature, lit at night. It was right out my room and with the heating, I went swimming in January, with 45 degrees outside and delighted in it. After some laps, the hot-tub next to the pool with colleagues. Fun and relaxation.

I would most gladly come back again for a meeting, but I would not come here for a vacation. The resort does not hold enough to entertain either a coupe or family staying all day and in is not located well for excursions being in the suburbs, neither in the city, nor is some beautiful spot. For a meeting, it is perfect.

Room Tip: Go for the Oasis rooms! Newly renovated, quite and near a great pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of the services you received at The Wigwam; our staff is committed to ensuring that our guests’ time at the hotel is memorable. We were elated that you enjoyed your time with us when visiting the conference and that you found the atmosphere of our resort to be conducive to networking. In addition to enjoying our pools and Jacuzzi, guests of The Wigwam can have fun getting in a round of golf on any of our three championship courses; play a game of tennis or bocce, working out in our fitness center and being pampered at the Red Door Spa. We hope that you will return soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

For a business meeting, I felt so relaxed in the setting The Wigwam has to offer. The rooms were so nice and big; the concerierge staff at the front were always accommodating driving us around in golf carts. They had two great pools, with great prickly pear margaritas. Loved the restaurants, food was good, loved the Sunday fresh market on the lawn, the music piped in while walking the grounds, the fire pits and more. Loved Arizona and wouldn't mind going back to this place for our next meeting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

The Wigwam Farmer's Market is held on our front lawn and features fresh fruits, vegetables and handcrafted delicacies from the local area. We’re so happy you enjoyed the Sunday market as well as our accommodations, restaurants, and pools while staying with us for your business meeting. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for your next meeting or for a leisurely getaway. Thank you very much for your review.