First the many, many positives:
The grounds of the resort are immaculate, and beautiful. You truly feel like you've stepped back in time to an old-line Arizona resort. The staff, almost to a person, were incredibly friendly and helpful. Restaurant was really good, bar was fun. Main lodge has been recently redone so it combines old world charm with updated amenities.
Which brings us to the room. It looks to have been redone last in the eighties maybe? I know there's a push button phone by the toilet, if that tells you anything. The room was clean, bed was great, linens were mostly nice (a couple of the towels seemed also to date to the eighties.) So there's just a big decor issue here: you're paying $300 night you expect the room to be, well, a bit swanky rather than tired.
There were also functional issues, the shower head leaked so water pressure was poor. I mean I'm huddling under the shower-head trying to get wet in a $300 a night room? Come on! In the shower itself the caulking was coming out between some of the tiles, paint chipped on the door frame. Etc etc: very tired.
Some of the staff said they are redoing the rooms. This is literally all the place needs to be a sort of perfect oasis. But in the meantime unless you get a heck of a deal on the room rate I'd stay away. Come for dinner, schedule an event there (so long as no one has to spend the night) but until rooms are redone this isn't a good value. I feel bad saying it because the staff were all so great but...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beloved by generations, this Arizona landmark, Historic Hotel of America and AAA 4 Diamond property couples historic charm with a truly modern sense of adventure. Relax in the elegant comfort of 331 casitas and suites, but be sure to carve out time for our legendary golf, superb spa, four pools - including a new 25-foot tower with twisting water slides -distinctive cuisine and innovative, Arizona-inspired programming. The Wigwam is the ideal choice for both locals and guests who seek exceptional accommodations, amenities, activities and service that are enriched by the genuine flavors and real character of Arizona’s past and present. Rich with over 80 years of tradition, The Wigwam inspires locals and guests to “Make Some History” by creating memorable stories and cherished new traditions of their very own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Wigwam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wigwam Golf Resort And Spa
- The Wigwam Golf Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Hotel
- Wigwam Hotel Litchfield Park
- The Wigwam Arizona/Litchfield Park