“A Good Option”

The Wigwam
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Litchfield Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I visit the resort for Computerword event, the facilities, the organization, and the service are excellent, but I like it is the place, it is as being in an oasis in the desert.

Room Tip: it would be a good idea to put some announcement for 10, where I need to leave to go to the hotel.
There are newer reviews for The Wigwam

Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband & I, family/friends, recently stayed at the Wigwam to attend a wedding. Our son was best man and lives in Phoenix with his fiancee, so we all enjoyed the beautiful amenities at the resort....from the beautiful view from our Oasis Terrace Room balconies..to the pools (loved by the grandkids!), to the outstanding Spa massages, to the delicious culinary offerings, to the wonderfully friendly staff throughout the Wigwam, and most importantly, to a magical wedding ceremony & reception! We've stayed at various resorts in the Phoenix area over the years, and can say the Wigwam was the most welcoming and best value! Thank you to Wigwam Management for offering the "Salute to the Heroes" program for those who serve our communities--whether military, law enforcement, fire fighters, or first-aid responders!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I visit Phoenix a couple of times a year at a minimum to visit my daughter. Normally I stay at one of the hotels in the Litchfield Park/Tolleson/Goodyear area with Comfort Suites being my usual choice. But this time around I found their prices had gone up significantly; $99+tax. On a lark I decided to try the Wigwam as I had caught a special back in 2005 that was very affordable. I got lucky again. For $20 more per night, I got a huge upgrade from my usual hotels.

The rooms at the Wigwam are huge. Mine was about 400 square feet. It was clean and well provisioned with big comfy beds, large desk, couch, TV and plush towels. It had a patio as well. The bathroom was large with big walk in closet and a shower with enough water pressure to strip barnacles off a ship. The only minus: no mini-fridge. But that's a subjective issue. For the three nights we were there, the rooms were quiet and I was able to get sound, undisturbed sleep. The rooms also have high speed wired and wireless internet which is free ( covered as part of the resort fee that is charged). This is worth mentioning since other "resorts" I've stayed at charged outrageous prices for their service.

The resort has two pools. Both are very large with standard hot tubs near by. The biggest of the two (see my photos) is family friendly. This is the one my daughter was fond of. It has a large lap-style pool with a small "lazy river" connecting it to a shallower kids area. A splash area sits off the the side for the smallest of kids and there is a double water slide (that unfortunately was undergoing some maintenance when we were there). This pool also has a bar and grill with food available pool side. It was yummy. Additionally, the staff keep you well supplied with ice water in the 100+ degree heat.

I only ate at one of the three restaurant on the property, Red Allen's over by the golf course. We had breakfast there and it was excellent. Coffee and juice were fresh. My daughter had the buffett and gave it a thumbs up. I had an omelet that was rather large and very tasty.

A special mention for the staff. All were friendly and seemed happy to see us. Upon check-in, a valet followed us to the room, carried in our bags and showed us the amenities. One day I left my camera at the pool. A staff member picked it up and turned it in to lost and found. When I noticed it was missing, they front desk was on it and had it to me within 10 minutes. Huzzah for honesty! The staff at Red Allen's were all very friendly and service was excellent.

So in summary, if you're staying on the west side of the Phoenix metro area do yourself a favor and look into the Wigwam. For the extra cost, it was well worth it when you compare what you get for your money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank John R
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the WigWam for 3 nights / 4 days on the golf package. It was exactly what we were looking for. We wanted a nice resort with a good pool that had easy access to golf. Our room was right on the golf course and was 100 yards from the clubhouse and 100 yards from the pool!

For golf, we played the Red (twice) and the Gold (once). Overall, I felt it was a great value for the quality of both courses. We never had to wait on a golf shot once and played the rounds in 3 hours and 15 minutes. The only negatives were that the courses were a little lengthy for women and the greens were not the fastest.

For price and convenience, I don't think there was a better property in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adam P
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

We are so happy to hear that you felt your recent stay at The Wigwam was great value. Our championship 18-hole golf courses are a favorite of guests not only for their challenge but also for their setting in a natural terrain of trees, lakes, canals and streams. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We are Phoenicians for so many years, but never been to The Wigwam which is part of The Historic Hotels of America and The Preferred Hotel Group. We stayed here to celebrate a birthday occasion. The property is beautiful and charming. We stayed in an Oasis Terrace Room, which is by Oasis Pool. The room is oversize with a large bathroom. All room service was delivered by a server in a golf cart. The service was superb except for one occasion on a Sunday night around 7:00 p.m. when we tried to order room service and the phone just kept ringing. We tried three times, 15 minutes apart, but never got an answer. We gave up but our mistake was we should have called the front desk. The pool attendant, Toni, in the Lodge Pool, stand-out among others. She was excellent. When we asked her for something, like a food box, more drinks, extra condiments, she made sure we got it right away. We were very impressed of her attitude and she was always smiling. It does make your day. And, what we like about this resort is that they involve the community. They were celebrating Oktoberfest on a Saturday afternoon, and there was a Farmers Market on a Sunday morning. The other thing my spouse mentioned is that the fire pit by Oasis Pool is not on during the night. So, we have to go to the one by the Wigwam Bar. And, the water slide was under repair which we were told via email prior to arrival. We had breakfast in Red Allen by the golf course. There were only a couple of people dining on a Sunday morning. That was an advantage for us because the server gave us full attention. Our only recommendation is they should put umbrellas in the restaurant patio because it was hot outside so we ended up moving inside. Overall, it was a fun and great experience, and our kids love the Splash Pad by the Lodge Pool. My spouse gave it a 4.5 stars. We would definitely come back when an occasion arises.

Room Tip: The Oasis Terrace Rooms are large about 600 sq. ft. There are two pools, the main one is the Lodge P...
1  Thank PantheraOnca

Thank you for your appreciation of the service, amenities, and beauty at The Wigwam. We are delighted that you chose our location to celebrate the birthday occasion. Your kind praise for our staff is sincerely appreciated and will be passed along to them; however we sincerely apologize for the difficulties you experienced trying to order room service on one of the nights during your stay. We hope you’ll find your way back to The Wigwam soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed at the Wigwam for a golf tournament. The golf course was getting ready for the Fall re-seeding so the golf was not that good. The room however was huge for a resort. Bedroom, Living room, a small bar area, a bathroom for guests and a huge master bath with separate soaking tub (no jets) and shower (2 person). There was a large veranda outside with a covered table and chairs and uncovered portion with a chaise lounge. Since it was 109 degrees, we used the table...late one night. I would stay here again. The only thing it needed was a refridgerator. They had them available to rent if you ask, not sure why they just don't include it.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 505. There was not a lot of A/C noise which I expected based on other places I hav...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
TheWigwam, General Manager at The Wigwam, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for your kind review and for choosing The Wigwam. We regret any inconvenience that you may have experienced with the fall re-seeding to the golf course. We hope that you will come back again so that you can have the opportunity to experience our three 18-hole championship golf courses at their best.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Wigwam resort is one of the best places I've stayed. During the summer heat in Phoenix, AZ the Wigwam is a great place for a "staycation". My family will rent a night or weekend stay during the summer months. It is family friendly, they have something for all of our family members from ages 7 to 43 years old! We have been going to the Wigwam for years & will continue to go every summer to beat the AZ summer heat!

Room Tip: We like to stay in the Casita's! they have a porch with a big grassy area. We can sit on the por...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We are honored that you have named The Wigwam as one of the best places you have ever stayed. It is our pleasure to be a part of our guest's getaway. We love it when our guests enjoy their stay so much that they want to return again and again, making staying at The Wigwam a family tradition. Thank you for the fantastic review and we are looking forward to welcoming you back each summer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Litchfield Park
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
The Phoenician, Scottsdale
#21 of 75 in Scottsdale
Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia

Been to The Wigwam? Share your experiences!