All reviews room was spacious and clean close to the airport very nice stay safe parking enjoyed my stay cape town cleanliness
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2018

Rooms looked to be recently renovated and were very fresh and clean. very good space in bathroom and shower. Friendly reception and helpful. Good option also if you want to be rather close to the airport.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarlB2756, Front Office Manager at The New National - Lodge & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

We are delighted with your review.

Our east wing new rooms have just been launched. Thank you for your recent stay with us and we are happy to hear that you were happy with the standard and the improvements that we have put in place.
We offer free airport collection to guests staying 2 nights or more.

We are excited to welcome you back real soon.

Jaco Swart

Reviewed December 17, 2018

The front desk staff are amazing. They are friendly, welcoming and helpful.I was leaving on an early morning flight and they made me a takeaway breakfast. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel is in good proximity to the airport

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarlB2756, Manager at The New National - Lodge & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2018

Greeting Guest,

Many thanks for your recent stay with us.

We are delighted with your review and that you found our service to meet your expectation. Your feedback will be shared with the team and we are excited to welcome you back in the near future.

We are working hard on improving our guest experience and thankful to hear that you found the location convenient.

Best wishes,
Nadine Guedes
MANAGER

Reviewed December 7, 2018

This is the worst treatment I have ever got from a service provider anywhere in the world! I did my booking online a month ahead of time, at the official hotel for the conference I was attending. I got my confirmation of the booking. So far, everything seemed fine.When I came to the reception to check in (after traveling 24 hours from Northern Europe), I was informed that there were no rooms available. They were not ready (after renovations) yet, and I was sent packing! No excuse, no assistance in finding another place to stay, no nothing! (Luckily a colleague of mine stayed at another hotel and I managed to get a room at that hotel instead.) They said that they were going to refund me, but I haven't received that refund yet (after two weeks)!! And now they sent me a please-review-your-stay-at-our-hotel-email, hoping that I will return next time I visit the area. I'm certain that I will not, ever, choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarlB2756, General Manager at The New National - Lodge & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us.

Kindly email our manager directly with your info or forward us your contact details so that we can attend to refunds and also address the problems that you recently encountered.

Our humble apologies for the inconvenience. We wish to investigate the matter further.

Carl Burger

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Based on their website, the venue must be stunning. Was booked and fully paid to stay two nights. However, checked out after one night. See attached picture of my view, no hot water in the morning, worms in the basin, no aircon and the kitchen could not event prepare a good cup of coffee. Did not want to refund the second night.

Room tip: For the same price, rather choose another hotel \ lodge
Date of stay: November 2018

Greetings Riaan,

Thanks for staying with us and apologies for only replying now.
We are disappointed to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectation. We will investigate your feedback further and will be working hard at improving all areas of our guest experience.

Best regards,
Nadine Guedes
MANAGER

Reviewed August 11, 2018

The late check in and cleanliness was only positive.
The breakfast was very average and did not cater for non beef eaters.
Was disappointed.
The aircon in room did not work so we had to request a heater.

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarlB2756, General Manager at The New National - Lodge & Conference, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to forward notes on your experience.

We value your input, which will help us to improve our product and service offering to your our valued guest.
With our recent upgrades and 12 new executive rooms we have worked hard on improving our standards. Our breakfast offering also now caters for vegetarians.

We hope to welcome you back real soon.