“A room to write about!”

Sante Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paarl
“A room to write about!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I visited the hotel & spa as part of a business event.

My room was really great - HUGE with an even larger jacuzzi type bath and a very comfortable bed. The satellite channels were however limited and the TV placed awkwardly in relation to the bed. Unfortunately there was no bubble bath.

Our party seemed to have been the only guests for the evening, and as a result perhaps the service was not that great. We constantly had the feeling that we were bothering the bar man when we were ordering drinks.

The buildings will soon require a revamp, although it is still acceptable at the moment.

The location is also good,overlooking the Simonsberg & Franschoek mountains. I can't really complain about anything, but is still undecided if I will fork out the extra money if I have to pay for myself to come and stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Dear Piet

Thank you for your review following your stay at Sante. Thank you for highlighting some of the great features the hotel has to offer-we agree, the rooms are huge! We appreciate your kind words and will definitely take your points into account. Thanks again.

Sante Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked a weekend here for my husband and I. The place looked amazing on it's website however when we arrived we were so disappointed. No one assisted us with our luggage. We received a very average welcome upon arrival. The hotel room looks great with the amazing bath tub, however the toilet had a terrible smell. Also, the curtains were not big enough to cover the entire window so the morning sun came in early. On our last day there all of the lights blew. We informed the lady at reception who didn't say anything about it. The rooms have so much potential though because they have a lovely set up. But the hotel is definitely not worth the price that you pay. The dining is also very poor. We waited a quite a while for our food and I ordered a creme brulee for dessert which when it arrived still had icing sugar on top - it had not been caramelized. I sent it back and they weren't even apologetic about it nor did they offer me anything else. They then included it on the bill and I had to ask for it to be removed. We also booked spa treatments. The actual treatments were good - not anything amazing - just good. However, we waited for almost an hour for someone to come and take our lunch order at the spa. I had to go to reception twice to ask for someone to assist me. I unfortunately had not checked trip advisor before booking this hotel. I wish I had... The hotel is slightly run down and in need of maintenance. Honestly, your money is better spent elsewhere. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eloise W
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Eloise

Thank you for your honest review following your stay at Sante Hotel Estate and Spa. Thank you for your compliments - we really appreciate the kind words. You have also raised some valid points which will be seen to immediately. We do apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We do hope you will visit us again.

Staff and Management
Sante Hotel Estate and Spa.

Travelers are raving about these Paarl hotels

Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed July 8, 2014

It was my third time at the resort and spa, and I always found it very relaxing, beautiful surroundings and friendly people. The rooms are very nice. But every time I return the quality of service goes down. On my last visit to the spa I found an empty condom wrapper on the sauna seat. I was so disgusted, it spoiled the whole day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Answa
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, thank you for your honest review. Secondly, we apologise for any inconvenience caused following your visit to Bakwena Spa, Sante. We assure you that immediate action will be taken and the concerned personnel will be held accountable. Please accept our sincerest apologies and be assured that we will rectify this matter.

We do hope you will afford us that opportunity to rectify the matter and win your valued business again.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is average, but the Spa was actually very good!!!

Location is very good and tranquil and perfect if you want to get away from the city. It is also 40 minute drive from Cape Town, 10 minutes from Franschhoek and 20 minutes from Stellenbosch.

The hotel decor and facilities are not bad, but the staff should jack up the service if they want to compare to international as well as other hotel's standards in close proximity in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.

I did not have dinner at the hotel, but could drive easily to Franschhoek with ample great restaurant options.

Rooms are very spacious with balconies.

Limited room service menu.

Should the service quality increase, this little hotel will get my vote every time and I will return for more than just the Spa.

Room Tip: You need to book the rooms inside the hotel. As there are manor houses not attached to the hotel bui...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MoutieA
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest review following your stay at Sante. We thank you for your compliments and assure your that the issues you have pointed out will most definitely be seen to.
We hope to have you over again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Anything review prior to Orion's take over can be ignored,we stayed there for 3nights,absolutely stunning.
Food ,7star,service 10 stars,fantastic venue,one of the very best in the Cape.
Go and. Enjoy,these guys know how!

Room Tip: Private suites
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank coen_12
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Coen

Thank you for such a great review following your stay at Sante. Sounds like you had a blast! Thank you for your kind words and compliments which will be forwarded to the relevant parties. We hope to see you again soon and you get out vote of ‘Awesome Guest’!

cape town
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The suite was very spacious and beautiful; quiet, private and nice view. food and service was good and visit to spa was well worth while. Good value for money and friendly staff. I will definately go again as this is a one not to miss out on!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank david n
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Sante Hotel and Spa. We are glad that your experienced great service from our staff-your kind words will be passed on. We look forward to your next visit.

Warmest Regards
cape town
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife planned a surprise overnight stay ( including the "special Valentines Day Dinner) for Valentines day at the Sante Spa.
On arrival , I had to fetch my own luggage from my car , parked about 50+ meters from the hotel entrance. I the had to ask for someone to assist with taking the suit cases to our room. The person concerned did not welcome us nor make any attempt to explain the operation of the Air Con or TV. It was not necessary to explain anything else since there was no mini bar or even water in the room.
The actual experience did not align with the advertised valentines day brochure : The luxury Suite did not get/have a "Romantic Turn Down" the Set Menu deviated in some ways from the advertised menu.-- No bottle of Simonsig Sparkling,No prawn and melon salad,no pepper rolled sirloin, no GRILLED line fish and no glazed duck.
On booking out the next morning, we were told that we had to pay for the Free 30 minute massages which were included in the "Valentines package" the lady at Reception kindly sorted this out and went further to assist my wife with the suit cases while I went to fetch the car.

We are regular travellers and my wife has frequently visited the Spa for various treatments which have in the past been very pleasant experiences.

I feel that the Hotel is understaffed and is in need of maintenance and until these things improve , we will not be going back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank paul b
Hote1Management, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest review of Sante. We do apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. You have brought to light some very valid issues which we will address promptly with the responsible parties. We assure you that the points you have raised will be dealt with. We are glad that your wife has enjoyed her previous treatments at the spa - we will pass the compliments to the spa team.
We do hope we see you and your wife at Sante again and we know that we will not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Warmest Regards
Velmore Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paarl
Cascade Manor
#1 of 1 in Windmeul
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa
Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa
#9 of 11 in Franschhoek

Been to Sante Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!