“What a place...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sante Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sante Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Paarl
Cape Town
“What a place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I attended a 2 day work conference which was held at Sante hotel. The first thing that one notices is the stunning views. There were no designated disabled parking bays from what I saw but I was told to park near the entrance to the conference venue which was fine. The pathways are uneven bricks (crazy paving?) so I had to be careful there.
Conference venue is really nice and was held on 1 level and was all flat with no steps etc. Disabled toilet was clean and easily accessible. The only problem which someone else might encounter in the disabled toilet is that there's a very large basin which does encroach on the toilet a bit, making transferring onto and off a bit awkward.

Lunch was held in the Debut restaurant. Lunch was a buffet set up and it was delicious! The chicken pie was moreish!

The, suites are set a distance from the conference and restaurant, so we drove. I had a Spa suite, which is easily accessible from the parking area. Again, there was no designated disabled parking bay and uneven pathway. The spa suite is nice and spacious, with an extremely spacious bathroom as well. The suite had 2 double beds, 2 massive cupboards but no lowered rails but there are drawers should you need it. There is the usual tea and coffee making items and also a fireplace. My only problem is that the door to the patio area was too narrow to get through, so that was a no go. Oh that and the fact that the patio doors lock was broken, so a bit of a safety issue as far as I’m concerned.
The bathroom had a massive roll in shower with a shower seat and height adjustable shower head and equally massive and deep oval bath. The toilet is easy accessible with grab rails and telephone in reach.
There is a pathway from the Spa suites to the conference venue, which includes going over a wooden bridge, easy to navigate, just be careful of the uneven pathways though.
The spa is also easily accessible from what I saw but there’s a step down into the rooms where they have some treatments. The gym is accessible as well and is situated inside the spa area. The heated swimming pool area is accessible and the pool itself looked so inviting! Didn’t see any hoist though, so unless you can get in and out by yourself, good luck!

Overall a very nice and accessible venue, with stunning views.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orionsante, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your review and feedback, we aprreciate you taking the time to post a review , we find this an invaluable tool to help us enhance the guest experince and improve our property...We look forward to seeing you back at Sante soon.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had my 21st at sante about 2 weeks ago. I wa competely surprised by what they had done for my party the friday night. Phillipe, the food and beverage manager, had completely turned one of the function rooms into a magical 21st venue. The food was awesome, the decor was outstanding and anything we needed was sorted immediately. The following evening we had a formal dinner and once again sante ad gone above and beyond. My friends and I were treated like royalty.the chef's food was exquisite and the atmosphere was sooo brautiful and warm. Sante is definitely a jewel in the heart of the winelands to be visited:)

• Stayed August 2012
Stellenbosch, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

First thought was: what a beautiful place! It is situated in such a stunning location and the hotel buildings themselves are beautiful. The service was quite outstanding and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was complete gourmet and delicious! I would recommend Sante Hotel and Spa to anyone for a relaxing holiday, spa treatments or for special functions!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Orionsante, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your review, we as a team are very grateful to have such wonderful guest write reviews of our property. We will continue to strive to match and exceed your expectations and hope to see you back at Sante soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thank you SO much Bruce, Philiipe and team for a FANTASTic themed birthday( arabian Nights), as well as good service and gopd accommodation.

My daughter and her friends said it was the BESt weekend of their lives!

They will brinf back more people to visit

PS - and the MOST excqisite views

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Antoinette G
Newlands, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have in total been to Sante Hotel and Spa 4 times in the past year and cannot say a bad word.

Sante has become that place to get away from the hustle of business and the city and just switch off and relax.

The rooms are exquisite and the service is always first class. I get updated newsletters and personal birthday wishes on my birthday. I absolutely love their loyalty program and The spa is one of my favorite places.

The therapists are always professional, treatments are amazing and I always feel so welcome.

I would recommend this establishment to anyone.

I have had some gastly experiences at hotels and spa's around the world who claim to be 5 star, but Sante always goes above and beyond expectation.

Regards
Pascale Dorp

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pascale D
Orionsante, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Pascale

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back at Sante soon.

Best Regards
The Staff and Management
Durbanville, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Sante Spa for one night. Our reservation went a bit astray, but Jenni at reservation remedied that. Luckily our bookings for treatments were okay. It was pouring when we arrived. We were ushered to our Spa Suite, which was extremely spacious, albeit in need of some upgrade. A fire was packed in the fireplace and we were off to the treatment centre. The full body massages were really good and relaxing (1 hour of bliss) , then off to the jacuzzi, rain forest showers, steam room, massage chairs and sauna. After another shower, back to the room, getting ready for dinner in the Sommelier Restaurant. We had a pre-dinner drink in the bar area, which was very cosy. We then went to our table, right next to the fireplace. We ordered a Salmon Trio to share as a starter, which was really fantastic. As main course I had the lamb shank and my fie the Cape Salmon with pesto. My plate looked a bit bland. The shank was tasty, but not as tender that was expected. My wife was not very impressed with the fish, but the side dishes were very good. Service was very good. We did not have any deserts. Back to the room, for a good night sleep. It was still pouring! After a good night sleep, my wife opted for the shower, but the pressure was so low on the hot water, that I decided to take a bath. Then off to breakfast. It was quite a spread, and very tasty. Coffee and juices were very good. Eggs had to be ordered from the kitchen, and we both opted for Egg Florentine. These dishes were really fantastic! Then it was back to real life again! All in all , an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HeinOos
Orionsante, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback and are alctively using this as the foundation for us to grow and improve our service to all of our customers. We would love to see you back at Sante and hopefully soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have put off reviewing this hotel since November 2011, because I haven't wanted to talk about our experience publicly. But 6 months on, I am still angry about what happened and how we were treated by management afterwards.

In short:

My husband, my 7-month-old baby and I were held at knifepoint and robbed of our valuables in a traumatic incident in our room at this hotel, and management made promises (including paying for trauma counselling) but did nothing.

The details:

My husband, my baby and I were staying in one of the hotel's villas, as part of a family celebration on the estate. The villa housed 4 couples - 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. We were downstairs. On check-in, we were given a key to the front door of the villa and the other 3 couples were given individual room keys. We were not. We requested one, but it never came - even after a second request.

Two nights later, on our final night at the hotel, four men wearing masks broke into the villa and gained access to our room, where the door was closed but not locked. (They tried the other 3 doors, but found them locked.) They held us at knifepoint and robbed us of our valuables: jewelry, phones, camera, iPad, wallets, clothing, sunglasses. They were not violent but they were aggressive and the incident was extremely frightening, especially with a tiny baby present. When they left we raced to the security gate at the front of the estate, where the police were called and the on-site security alerted. We spent the night at my sister’s.

The next morning, having heard nothing from management (who had been alerted), we went to find them and were told that they were desperately sorry, would cover trauma counselling for us and would cover the costs of our losses, so that we did not have to claim such a large sum from our own insurers.

Well, after five months of avoiding us and making promises (in writing and telephonically), nothing happened and we decided to claim on our own end. We wrote off the loss but we remain devastated by the incident, and by the fact that staying in a hotel room on a country wine estate is no guarantee of safety.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. It's dangerous. We discovered later that our attack was the fourth such in...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TiffanyMarkman
Orionsante, Manager at Sante Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Tiffany

Thank you for your feedback on Sante’. We honestly welcome and appreciate your feedback and are excited that we have this forum to address each of our guests concerns and highlight issues that our new management team may have missed or need to address...

We are extremely shocked to hear of your experience from late last year and sincerely hope to be able to clarify where Sante is today and why you more than likely received no response from the previous management company running Sante.

Sante’ has been through a rocky path to get to this point in time, the previous management company was unfortunately put into liquidation and we took over the reins on the 01 of April 2012. At this point we took over a barely functioning shell that was neglected and understaffed, preventative maintenance was non-existent and we knew at this point that we had a task on our hands to return this property to its former glory.

I would assume the understaffing and disorderly affairs at Sante before we took over the property may have contributed to your nightmare of an event, unfortunately we have very little control over what the previous management group promised and where not aware of this event until your report was published. I do understand that this event took place around November 2011 and as such we had no involvement in the management of the property and its security…We are however extremely concerned about incidents such as this and our team is actively working on security issues.

Although we had no part and where not involved in Sante at the time of your unfortunate and stressful experience, as a company we do recognize that each customer is important to our success and as a gesture of goodwill would love to extend an invitation for you to experience a secure Sante under our new management team.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward, with your feedback and help to making the star of the winelands shine brightly.

The Management Team

Travelers are raving about these Paarl hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paarl
Cascade Manor
De Wingerd Wijnland Lodge
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa
Lanzerac Hotel & Spa
#1 of 16 in Stellenbosch

Been to Sante Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!