“Lunch”

De la Paix
Ranked #75 of 94 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: International
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice afternoon at De La Paix great lay out inside and outside, decor stunning and the lightning to die for. Stylish and comfortable, with lovely clean and tidy bathrooms. Food and service are very good. Prices overall very reasonable for a drive out in the country. Worth a visit even if just for a coffee and cake.

1  Thank GroenewaldJC
There are newer reviews for De la Paix

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Popped in for a quick lunch and what a surprise.
Great service, great decor, EXCELLENT FOOD, clean bathrooms, an absolute gem and necessary addition to the few restaurants that were in this area. Good luck I hope you grow from strength to strength.

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We visited De La Paix for lunch on a day out in the winelands. Its on the R44 just off the N1 right next to Butterfly world. I'm not one for fancy descriptions but if I would describe the decor I would say its classical/modern/stylish. A bit of sophistication in the heart of the winelands!

The menu: light...ish meals, salads, sandwiches, burgers and a few bigger meals for the really hungry, like me. I had the Pork Belly and my wife had the Fish and Chips followed by a crème brûlée and lemon meringue. What a treat to have a properly cooked pork belly and a perfect crème brûlée! We had a glass of house wine each. Went down very well thank you!

The service was excellent despite being almost full. Typical South African hospitality with excellent food! The atmosphere was pretty relaxed. We had a really good time here and would definitely go back. Go there and see for yourself!

Thanks for reading my review!

1  Thank Bliksimstrale
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant situated just off the N1 Highway take the Klapmuts turn off , next door to Butterfly World. We were super impressed with the refurbishment of this restaurant; it used to be a terrible place, that was mainly a drinking hole. The new owner was in the restaurant and we were greeted by the Chef on our arrival Each dish that went passed us was greeted with huge delight as teh attention to detail on each dish was supurb we eventually the settled for two Beef burgers, one steak roll and I had the Sirloin steak. We had to have an extra round of those superb Onion rings. Try the local Stellenbrau Beer. Service was excellent and value for money was great. Worth a stop

1  Thank DarylGs