“Consistent quality and great value”

Polo Club Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 99 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: African, French, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The restaurant overlooks the table-top-flat polo field, with magnificent wraparound views. The Polo Club wears many hats. It is, firstly, the 'local', where residents meet over coffee, grab a light lunch or meet for an after-work drink. At night, it's used by families with young children, or by empty-nesters with sophisticated tastes. Over weekends, the week day breakfast gives way to an interesting brunch menu. As if this isn't enough, the Polo Club team is also responsible for the weddings and other large events that are held on site. We love working with the Val de Vie Events team - they are superbly organised and bring fabulous energy to all they do! Mindful of all the different ways in which residents use the restaurant, we've done our best to put together a restaurant menu that satisfies these many requirements. We think we've managed to cover all bases from the 'quick-bite-at-lunchtime' to sophisticated dinner dishes to enjoy with a great bottle of wine. We offer the full range of Val de Vie wines, with its Rhône-inspired blends. These are complemented with a small selection of other producers' wines.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am fortunate to be able to eat here every week. They've got great daily specials, an all-you-can-eat special on Sundays and nothing quite matches the view especially if there is polo on. Staff is always friendly and helpful and the wines are excellent.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I recently visited the Polo Club Restaurant at the breathtaking Val de Vie Estate in Paarl. What an experience! The views from the restaurant is stunning and complimented the relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant. The Thai Seafood curry was out of this world and the service was very good. Definitely a restaurant you have to visit to experience true Boland hospitality.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

When venturing into the wine lands, you always have that bit of expectation lingering because as all South Africans know, we are blessed with exquisite vines and delectable food. I have to admit when I visited the Polo Club Restaurant at Val de Vie I was amazed. My friends were out from Europe and it was a last minute decision as we had been visiting wine farms during the day and wanted to have dinner in the area. The Polo Club was still open at night and they made a plan and seated us quickly, service was efficient and the food and wine out of this world. It was also so well-priced, your value for money was a pleasant surprise too. I honestly had the tastiest chicken kiev with lime risotto and mushrooms. As if that wasn't enough the cheesecake was sublime! As we sipped on the Val de Vie wines overlooking an exquisite mountain range I remember my friends saying, "This is why we love South Africa". Thank-you for an outstanding experience, we will be sure to visit again. :)

1  Thank Tasmin S
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Excellent food, stunning ambiance and service. Definitely worth a visit to sit back in 5star surroundings.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Val de Vie Polo Club Sauvignon Blanc 2013 is the best White Wine I have had the pleasure of dinking!!