“Delicious surprise”

Restaurant at Glen Carlou
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Consistency, expertise and a commitment to always deliver beyond expectation is what we strive for with every bottle of Glen Carlou wine - we also aim to do this with every plate of food at Restaurant at Glen Carlou. Enjoy innovative dishes inspired by the seasons whilst taking in the breathtaking landscape from inside our architecturally designed building or from the shaded terrace deck.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were looking for a wine farm to have breakfast at and happened to come across Glen Carlou, they do not serve breakfast but if we were willing to wait we would be able to have lunch. We all decided that we could wait that little bit extra after taking a brief look at the menu!

We walked through the art gallery and down into the cellar while eating for our table, strange artworks but something different I suppose. The cellar is beautiful however!

I had the pork belly which was delicious but everyone at the table raved about their food, the service is impeccable and the wines are delicious!

A must visit resatuarant in Paarl.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant at Glen Carlou

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Lunched with friends. Service fantastic - efficient and friendly. I was disappointed with my food. Both starter (trotters) and main (butternut risotto) were quite bland and needed a lot of salt. Others had the lamb shank which also needed salt and my husbands was cold.
I feel that it is quite expensive for what we ate. The amuse-bouche and pre-dessert are a nice touch., the duck amuse-boucheespecially was absolutely delicious!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

This was my third visit for lunch at Glen Carlou. Everytime the food has been fantastic and this visit was not an exception. Great staff, very courteous and efficient. Great wine too!

1  Thank Malcolm P
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I decided to leave work early and go have lunch on a wine farm. We drove around, stop at a few places and then ended up at Glen Carlou. We sat on the deck outside and the view was spectacular. We did a wine tasting and absolutely loved the wine! Then came the food - amazing, delicious!! And the atmosphere was just perfect even though we were one of the only two couples there. Perfect restaurant for having lunch and some wine on a sunny day.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Glen Carlou is situated on a hill which provides a phenomenal view of the valley. Their wine tasting is a sophisticated affair and the restaurant produces an excellent food experience. Their staff are knowledgeable and friendly.