“Excellent find”

Cosecha Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: cosecha is fresh latin cooking with vineyard views. The name, Spanish for "harvest", reflects our location next to the harvest area where grapes are sorted and crushed at Noble Hill wine estate. Ingredients are grown on the farm where possible, and we maintain a thriving pepper and vegetable garden which you are free to explore during your visit.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stumbled upon another one of Cape Towns little gems. Stunning setting, excellent service, superb wines - must try the sav Blanc and red blend, Mexican with a twist.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

we arrived 0930 and they only open at 10, but were offered coffee while we wait. had the second worse cappuccino of the week, ( the worst being at Seychelles airport). my breakfast "spicy hash & poached egg" was awesome, the other one "breakfast burrito" a little bit tasteless and plain. all in all great setting, but lacks warmth.

noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hi, thank you for your review. You are correct that we open at 10h00. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast. I have a breakfast burrito almost daily and personally I have always found it to deliver on the promise of breakfast in a burrito: it is hard to go wrong with bacon, eggs, and avo in the morning. If you'd like something a little spicier or exciting we could always prepare it with additional spice or some chiles from our garden: just let us know. I am sorry you did not like your cappuccino. We use fresh Origin Coffee Irgachefe beans, which I have always found to be tasty. I will look into this further and try to improve the coffee however possible. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Proper, fresh Mexican food (although they describe it as Latin cooking) made my heart sing. No grease or melted cheese common to most SA interpretations of Mexican food in sight! Guacamole made in front of you, served with homemade tortilla chips and delicious fish tacos for mains. The day was leisurely, no one rushed us to leave or to hurry up, which meant that lunch lasted five hours. Chilled sav blanc rounded the meal off. My only criticism is that the empanadas were more English pie than I was expecting but tasty nonetheless.

Thank you for your kind words; we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

You will never think to find this type of food in the Winelands, but what a magical experience.
Love the decor, especially the bathrooms, the food, and the wine is great and so well priced.
You will leave with a smile on your face. Doreen Botha

Reviewed March 11, 2014

You don't really expect to find a Mexican-style restaurant in the Winelands, but it's great. Very relaxed sort of outdoor space run by a mother/son team, I've eaten here a couple of times and with experience, prefer to avoid the main course dishes. It's much more fun and interesting to order a bunch of starters or tapas-style things and share with the table. Honestly, it's not great Mexican, but it is well done and a good, chilled lunch option for a hot summer day. They also do breakfasts, and the one I had on a Sunday was excellent. I'll definitely visit again.