“Guacamole is a wonderful experience”
Review of Cosecha Restaurant

Cosecha Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 93 Restaurants in Paarl
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: cosecha is fresh latin cooking with vineyard views. The name, Spanish for "harvest", reflects our location next to the harvest area where grapes are sorted and crushed at Noble Hill wine estate. Ingredients are grown on the farm where possible, and we maintain a thriving pepper and vegetable garden which you are free to explore during your visit.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Guacamole is a wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We have been back a number of times and have always had a wonderful meal. The Guacamole is a must do.

Love the great decor, the lovely fresh food, the view and of course the Viognier.

Visited December 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful venue and even had a play park for kids. Food was outstanding. We had a 3 course meal. Starters of tiger prawns. Main beef fillets and dessert, the most amazing New York style cheese cake. Everyone in our party could not stop raving about the food. Waiters were amazing and so helpful. Could not ask for anything better. Worth every penny! Will definitely be back there asap!

• Visited February 2014
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about the restaurant. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had a lovely late-morning breakfast here yesterday. My friend Mario and I were the first ones in the restaurant, and it was so nice to feel like we had the lawn all to ourselves for a bit. I had two (much needed!) cappuccinos and the breakfast burrito, Mario had the breakfast hash with poached eggs. Mine was delicious and filling, and his looked tasty too!

We didn't have any wine with breakfast, but we tried a bit afterwards and loved it! Especially the Sav Blanc and the blend. I will be on the look-out for it back in the states! Great way to start the day before we headed towards Stellenbosch to taste wines.

Visited January 2014
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for visiting and I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We hope to see you again soon!
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely disappointing!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were so looking forward to our lunch at Cosecha, having heard such good things...
We ordered a Corona and it was brought to our table...so far so good...we asked for a piece of lime with the Corona (the traditional way of serving them). When the waiter returned, he brought us lemons, and only when we mentioned that it was lemons, he said that they did not have any limes. A Mexican restaurant without limes...we were slightly worried about what the food would taste like, since limes are to Mexican food, what garlic is to Italian food. Anyway, it was also mentioned that they did not have any beer glasses so everyone would have to drink out of the bottle. We thought this was strange since the restaurant was not busy at that time, and only one other person was drinking beer?
So we hesitantly ordered our starters: Guacamole, Seviche Prawn starter. The Guacamole was prepared tableside by the waiter, who dug out the guacamole with his bare hands, half of us lost their appetite. I am a huge fan of guacamole, so I hesitantly still tried the guacamole (served not with tortillas, but with Paaper bites, may I add). The guacamole had absolutely no taste and for R98 for 2 and a half avocados, I thought it was a complete rip off. The other surprise, while digging into the avocados, the waiter took a few limes from his pocket. When we told him, that this is a lime he was holding, the thing they were supposed to be out of, he answered that they were only for guacamole!? What? So he lied to us, telling us he did not have any and then basically said that we, as customers, weren't allowed any.
Then, we tasted the Salmon Seviche, which turned out to be Trout, it tasted bland and terrible, I don't think raw trout is supposed to taste pleasant, but then I am not sure, to me, this is false advertising though. If I knew it was trout, I would not have ordered it. The prawns were also extremely bland, I am not a picky eater at all, but really, there was no flavour whatsoever, not even prawnflavour.
We called the manageress over, mentioned a few of our concerns, to which she responded: "Oh, I'm sorry, you should have called me over, the chef is off today..." Now, first of all, we DID call her over, and well, nothing was resolved and second of all, the chef not being is no excuse. Doesn't he make preparations to leave someone in charge when he is not there? We still pay the same prices, why must we eat what tastes like someone who has absolutely no palate, has prepared it. And this also does not explain the lack of beerglasses, limes, an unhygienic and lying waiter, etc. We will NOT be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mardene S
noblehill, Manager at Cosecha Restaurant, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Sir, I am really sorry about this. It was difficult for me to read your review. It sounds like you had a terrible time. That is obviously not our intention, and I will address the legitimate items that you brought up with our staff. The owner Kathleen spoke with you and apologized about the beer glasses and limes which seems to have been a failure on the part of the waiter and I am sorry that you were not satisfied with her apology and attempt to make things right. Some of the items you mentioned are confusing to me: our salmon ceviche is made with Norwegian salmon and not salmon trout, our guacamole is served with homemade tortilla chips, and our chef was not off on the day in question. I hope you will write to me on kristopher@noblehill.com and I can try to understand why things went so wrong.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“We had a great time!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We loved the atmosphere, and with the lovely food, good service and affordable wine... will definitely recommend and go back.

• Visited January 2014